Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 612 Posts

·
Super Moderator
259,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Midwest *CHAT* "I'd almost put money on this thread never reaching 75 pages" - Kevin

Here we are for our second thread of the year.

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 1,868
User Name Posts
Kevink121 747
MITeggy17 612
DC5nv 278
Dad 101
jamesl85 54
Ransom 38
ashinsky 12
Jimmikatt 11
sinzdc5 10
RSX train wreck 3
korney 2

·
#Inkpot
4,780 Posts
I havent read anyhting about the c8 yet but man... the price. Sub 60k base model.

Order me up some jorts and New Balances now.

·
#Inkpot
4,780 Posts
Ive been in the worst possible meeting since 9am.

System testing. 3 min of testing 10 min of system upload. 3 min of testing, 10 of system upload.

All day. No end in sight. 3PM and I was going to leave at 1 today.

:rest

Bish bish bish, moan moan moan.

·
Super Moderator
259,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Storms whipped through here Saturday night and took out power for 600,000 people, me included.

Y'all get any rain or storms this weekend?

·
#Inkpot
4,780 Posts
track day left some to be desired yesterday. Was out there from 8am till 5pm instructing with a little driving in the morning and an open track the entire afternoon.

I broke an exhaust bolt first in the morning during the instructors session. A local Honda Pal was running the afternoon session and brought a replacement.

Then later in the day my junk 2 TB snapped a bolt that olds the IACV on and the other one must have rattled out at some point.
This was a big fuck. I didnt bring a single tool because of course, "nothing bad ever happens to me at the track, I never use the tools I bring".

By some ridiculous miracle, a friend of mine had a bag of hardware that was the same length, thread pitch and even the alan key as the hardware that came with the TB.
That bolt was broken off in the TB but I was still able to hobble enough of it together to go out and do the standing start timed runs in the afternoon.
Wonder if this is worth the warranty battle with Junk 2...

The other issue is that my car felt like I was driving on glass all day. These tires arent new but they shouldnt be THAT bad. Im talking unintentional drifting everywhere, absolutely no grip.
Theres this downhill left over a crest in the track config we had yesterday and with no lift off or quick inputs I just started sliding over the crest at like 50 leaving me sideways halfway down the hill(plenty of run off on either side but still code brown level stuff).

I shouldnt have to buy tires yet but I think I have to buy tires :rest

·
#Inkpot
4,780 Posts
Maxxis VR1's. The shitter here is that they have a long standing reputation for lasting forever and havin the same level of grip from sticker to cords.

I took them inside over the winter.... I have no other idea what could have contaminated them or ruined them any other way.

I was going to have them flipped here pretty soon but both sides of the tread are pretty shot. The center rib would help but at this point... Idk.

·
#Inkpot
4,780 Posts
Many. But not more than my Z11*'s had. The ZII*'s werent even bad yet They were just getting worn down.

My ZII*'s seemed to have lasted longer than the VR1's which shouldnt be reality.

1 - 20 of 612 Posts