Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

261 - 280 of 907 Posts

·
#Inkpot
4,935 Posts
Found an affordable(cheap, 5.5k) forester thats actually kind of cool in a forester way.

Thing is the Jeep is fixed. Dumbest issue in the world. Not even going to tell you what it was.

But Forester vs A3 at this moment.

·
#Inkpot
4,935 Posts
Think of the dumbest most basic thing you could miss that would cause an intense rattling while driving that can get progressively worse over a short period of time.

Something that wouldnt show on the side of the road.

·
#Inkpot
4,935 Posts
Worlds smartest Jeep owner over here.

Imagine the feeling after spending the money and wasting 6 hours in the garage replacing ujonts. With the hammer method. On a 138k mile winter-going MN vehicle

·
#Inkpot
4,935 Posts
Troof.

Is buying a forester a really silly idea? The main goal is cheaper insurance and better gas mileage.
I cant find a decent/fair priced A3 within a reasonable distance to save my life right now.

The forester Im looking at would satisfy both and be a bit more fun. Even for a short term thing, I thing I feel like it could be fun.
Tons of friend support in the area as well. If a head gasket did go, I could have it back on the road in a less than a few days.

Probably pretty easy to sell as well.

·
#Inkpot
4,935 Posts
2008 NA sport. 130k no rust showing. Its potentially had an engine replacement already.

Sti suspension(cheap), head unit, cheap summer wheels, put winter tires on the xt wheels that are on there and done. Maybe a cheap used exhaust.

Daily, winter car maybe some ice racing.

https://www.myguyauto.com/details/used-2008-subaru-forester/57617858

·
Super Moderator
259,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #273
My Guy Auto :rotfl:

Accident on the CarFax, but if you're looking for a decent winter vehicle, that'd be a good one.

·
#Inkpot
4,935 Posts
Yeah I saw that too. the bumper and quarter are seemingly the same color and theres no funny gaps that are visible.

I just feel like Im in a hurry to get out of the jeep.

·
#Inkpot
4,935 Posts
The only iffy part is if I ever want to sell it for a decent price, it has to be before all the rust gets through.
Which is likely going to happen by the time this winter thaws out.

Would certainly be a lot easier though.

·
sapnu puas
5,950 Posts
Worlds smartest Jeep owner over here.

Imagine the feeling after spending the money and wasting 6 hours in the garage replacing ujonts. With the hammer method. On a 138k mile winter-going MN vehicle
When you replaced the U Joints, did you not take the wheels off? That would have been one of the first things I would have done I think.

261 - 280 of 907 Posts