Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

441 - 460 of 906 Posts

·
#Inkpot
4,934 Posts
Yeah, literally the only one of these in the country with awd, the correct color combo and generally well kept in every other area. Legit service history as well.

That and I like the adventure. Only bummer is Im having back spasms and a hell of a cold mounting the last couple days lol.
This drive could become properly miserable.

All said and done, this is going to be a perfect daily for a long time as long as nothing outlandishly stupid happens with it.

·
#Inkpot
4,934 Posts
Yeah it was great. For the most part.

Missed two flights on the way out and wasted $400 getting there on time. Long story.

The first Air BnB in Spokane was a giant shithole in the ghetto. Worst "bed" I've ever slept on.
Parked near my window and left it wide open to hear everything outside.
Thankfully it was like 20* at night and not much activity.

The drive through Idaho and the majority of Montanna was ridiculously gorgeous. I'd live there. %100

The majority of Montana isnt supported by AT&T which got really interesting when I got out to cowboy country
and lost maps and the ability to call someone if something went wrong. There were so many damn mule deer as well.
Had a few close calls with them. Didnt see any other big game on the roads despite all the signs to beware of them.
I kinda did wanna see some big sheep bois. Just not too up-close. Night 2 of driving got real hairy. Just shot after like
10 hours with 3 to go. Was getting dark, deer everywhere, windy(windey? winding) as hell roads with constant elevation changes,
no service, mentally fried. No issue though.

These cars are known to use a little oil and by mile like 1680 I got a warning that it was at the "min level''. When I got
home, it was showing well within the safe mark but I gave it half a quart anyways. The only real issue with the car is
that it leaks window washing fluid and doesnt spray it from the rear wiper. That and it didnt have cruise control like one
might assume.

All in all, great trip. I wanna go back to Idaho next year and spend like a week in the mountains.
I'd legit move to Bozeman or something in Montana. You always hear those questions "Ocean or Mountain?" Mountain. So hard.

TLDR:
Car is good.
Spokane is a shit hole
Idaho/Montana Rockies are the promise land
East Montana is West Texas but colder
Mule deer are just rats with hooves.

·
sapnu puas
5,950 Posts
The evo also doesn't have cruise control. It fucking SUCKS not having cruise control on long trips. I use cruise control almost every single day on trip to/from work so I know that feel. Crazy that it doesn't have cruise control... Does it not have it, or does it not work?

Yeah, living on the ocean is not that desirable for me.

·
#Inkpot
4,934 Posts
Yeah, doesnt have it. Hard to believe. Stupid.

I guess you can retrofit in a unit. I might consider it. I guess its nearly impossible to put auto-start in these too. Dumb dumb dumb.

·
sapnu puas
5,950 Posts
I can't believe they wouldn't put cruise control on a vehicle that was released in 2011... Jesus.

·
sapnu puas
5,950 Posts
Looks like if you have a multi-function steering wheel (MFSW), all it requires i the cruise control lever switch and some coding. A pain in the ass, but manageable.

·
#Inkpot
4,934 Posts
For real. And on a car that's supposed to be lauded as somewhat of a luxury vehicle.

I typically dont like cruise control but in this case, it was sorely missed. The majority of the drive
was twisty and crazy but at least 30% of it was just straight and barely bending roads.

·
#Inkpot
4,934 Posts
Looks like if you have a multi-function steering wheel (MFSW), all it requires i the cruise control lever switch and some coding. A pain in the ass, but manageable.
Yeah I havent looked too deep but I saw a lever, stalk and a box of some sort offered from somewhere for a couple hundred.

·
#Inkpot
4,934 Posts
Complimented a mans briefcase in the elevator just now and had to try and find it online.

Only ~$750 shipped. Is this normal for leather goods or is this a rich man with a nice bag?

·
Super Moderator
14,190 Posts
:coffee:

The trip looked fun Kevybro.

Sold some car parts this weekend to a local, turned around and bought a new tubular crossmember for the MR2. I've actually started working on the MR2 some, likely drop the old engine out this weekend? IDK, no real push. I'm enjoying fiddling here and there.

·
sapnu puas
5,950 Posts
I'm not a "bag" guy, so I don't know. That pricing seems typical for an expensive bag, however.

Hell, even cheap walmart bags can be like $100.

·
#Inkpot
4,934 Posts
Got that heated garage now I spose you can do what ya want, when ya want.

That makes sense on the bag topic. I guess I dont know much about bags o_O. Thing was sweet though. Felt like it belonged in a wild west movie.

I know the gas station lady in MT asked if I wanted a sack for my things and I said, "a bag"? She said truckers wouldnt stop telling her that they leave the old bag at home and they'd take a sack for their things.

·
#Inkpot
4,934 Posts
The car has cruise control. And Im an idiot.

Found it last night on the way to dinner with the lady.

Stubby ass little stalk. Admittedly, I didnt look that hard and its a bit hidden but still... lol

·
sapnu puas
5,950 Posts
That's good at least. Some people just don't use it like I do... I use it everywhere where I'm on a road for miles at a time. Go 5mph over the speed limit and set it.

·
#Inkpot
4,934 Posts
Im going to start using it out of spite for missing it the whole way home.

I also just found out I have heated side mirrors which is neat.

I really just need to sit down with the owners book and get familiar with all thats going on.

·
#Inkpot
4,934 Posts
Randy, pick me a set of wheels that are 18x8 +43 5x112 and less than 2k.
K, thnx.

I only ask because you seem to be good at it.

Sorta kinda looking at these as of now but I dont feel like Enkei makes sense on a German car. Raijin, EKM3 & Lusso.
BBS is too expensive tho -_-

Spoiler:

·
Super Moderator
14,190 Posts
Randy, pick me a set of wheels that are 18x8 +43 5x112 and less than 2k.
K, thnx.

I only ask because you seem to be good at it.

Sorta kinda looking at these as of now but I dont feel like Enkei makes sense on a German car. Raijin, EKM3 & Lusso.
BBS is too expensive tho -_-

Spoiler:

Last wheels I got where from here... https://www.nengun.com/

There are some deals to be had if you pay attention to the dollar to yen conversion and look hard enough.

·
#Inkpot
4,934 Posts
Fuggin Wednesday. :coffee:

Gettin chilly out there.

Ill probably just buy those ekm3's and a "cup kit" which is just a pre-coupled set of aftermarket springs and struts.
Should be fairly comfy.

These wheels and this is what the height should look like all said and done.

Spoiler:

441 - 460 of 906 Posts