Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 826 Posts

·
Super Moderator
259,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
That looks really good, I'd go with that.

Is that how big your house is going to be as well :happyg:

·
sapnu puas
5,950 Posts
Hah, no. I wish. It's going to be the exact same sq ft, but a completely different layout.

·
sapnu puas
5,950 Posts
I had a mental debate with myself earlier today...

The door between the garage and the house... When you get out of your car and walk in to the house, and open the door... THAT DOOR. Should it be a solid door with no glass or should the door have a window pane on it? I chose window pane in the end, but I'd be interested to see what you guys think.

·
Super Moderator
259,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #49

The door between the garage and the house... When you get out of your car and walk in to the house, and open the door... THAT DOOR. Should it be a solid door with no glass or should the door have a window pane on it? I chose window pane in the end, but I'd be interested to see what you guys think.
So an exterior door, not a door interior to the garage?

I'd probably slap a pane on the B.

Ranch. 1500 sqft. Basement. Oversized attached 2 car garage. 3br 2ba.
Sounds perfect, a lot like my house, with a basement.

·
#Inkpot
4,894 Posts
This is a house locally of the same siding color I had picked out (unofficially).

Cant tell if green or blue or grey. If blue or grey, Im about it.

If you trust your garage security, I dont see why not. I wouldnt mind seeing into my garage from whatever that room is. I mean unless its a kitchen or dining room sharing that door, let er buck with the pane.

Are they covering your shop/garage as well?

·
#Inkpot
4,894 Posts
hold up...

"When you get out of your car -> walk in to the house -> open the door." sounds like a mudroom door

"When you get out of your car -> open the door & walk in to the house" is what I though you meant

·
sapnu puas
5,950 Posts
It's a combination of both - I must have typed it wrong. It's a door from the garage to the mudroom.

·
Super Moderator
14,190 Posts

I'd go with no glass personally.

·
Super Moderator
259,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
My interior garage door to kitchen / laundry room is no glass.

All exterior doors are too except for the front door.

·
sapnu puas
5,950 Posts
I guess maybe a key factor is... My garage will be finished and (hopefully) pretty clean. So I put the window in so I can see if I left a lights on pretty easily (along with other things). And... When it comes down to it... It's a fucking door. If I don't like it, I can change that out with a solid door very easily in a year or whenever.

·
sapnu puas
5,950 Posts
Agreed. Well, I picked out all my other doors/windows no problem... But just that one door I was stuck on lol.

I keep going back and forth on siding now. I've got some time before I need to decide on that, but I'm still not sure.

41 - 60 of 826 Posts