Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

881 - 900 of 1120 Posts

·
#Inkpot
5,049 Posts
Nah its down the street with everything else from Ian/the Ian column. Gotta pony up that 11-hundy for him. Which will come after mortgage paying :) potentially after tax returns o_O

Its negative 12 today but the garage was still ~40 debating making the daily sleep outside and starting the project a tad earlier than intended. I was supposed todo that tensioner and some other maint before doing the miata though. I guess I have friends with garages too.

·
#Inkpot
5,049 Posts
I would also advise to choose a different gauge supplier. Anything but AEM.
I tend to agree with you after my last run in with them but.... it matches my A:F gauge and Im likely going to be mounting them in the air vents, front and center. They cant fuck up vacuum readings can they?.....?

·
Super Moderator
259,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #884
I suppose so. As long as your AF gauge is functioning properly, matchy matchy is always good.

·
#Inkpot
5,049 Posts
Im not sure how to mount them there yet but if it works out as I imagine it should, it'll look pretty neat. The other thought was to replace the factory Bose double din with a single din(which will sound worlds better) and using the extra space above for gauges and a plate to mount them.

·
#Inkpot
5,049 Posts
Wow, just realized the auto stick in that car. What a waste for the SE's. Point of the picture was to show the air vent trim also being silver, like the gauges.

·
Super Moderator
259,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #887
Do they make gauge cups for the center vents?

It's convertible anyways, you should mount them there.

·
#Inkpot
5,049 Posts
I've seen something for like 45/ea and they werent all that elegant looking. Id rather try my hand diy mounting them. Likely going to need to cut a bit out of the vent ducting to run wires and probably wanna use some foam behind the guages to keep the heat off of them as well.

·
Super Moderator
23,759 Posts
yeah that part is the worst if the entire dash needs to come out.
The three that I have done I was able to pull out all the vent pieces needed without touching the dash.

·
#Inkpot
5,049 Posts
Right? At this point though its just going to be the coolest SE around O__o Im going to have to put more effort into keeping it looking nice.

I was edging close and closer into trying to make it a race car but now I just it to be real fun and look real nice and still get some track time(HPDE, standing start time attack, Autox). Just have a fun/fun to own car.

·
#Inkpot
5,049 Posts
Suede flocked dash though.... what's more luxury than that!? I wonder if you can flock in alcantera... hmm.jpg

·
Super Moderator
259,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #896
The purist in me says it's a bummer to modify an SE, but is it really? It's got miles, it's got abuse, it's not a collector car at this point. As long as you're enjoying the car, who cares honestly.

The only real reason I haven't modified the S2000 is just because the miles are low and it's been stock its whole life. I regret not buying a higher mileage example.

·
Super Moderator
259,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #897
My vote is for fun car. Dedicated track cars can't really be enjoyed on the street as much as you think they can.

Make it competent on track, but enjoyable enough to take on a road trip.

881 - 900 of 1120 Posts