Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1061 - 1080 of 1383 Posts

·
#Inkpot
5,177 Posts
Moving on.

Lets look at some pretty pictures.

Trying to figure out how to run my coolant lines.

My initial intention was to flow in the order of the numbers. The big question being is a 3/4" hose going into a 5/16" hose too big of a restriction. It is sort of a secondary coolant path specifically for the heater core so I dont think a little bottle neck there is going to hurt anything and it should ensure the turbo is getting good coolant pressure supply.

·
#Inkpot
5,177 Posts
Man if you had a 3/4" barb to 5/16" barb that'd be clutchchchchchch. The only thing Ive found so far is some super janky amazon thing.

·
Super Moderator
259,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,065
Also the step from 3/4 to 5/16 is pretty drastic, if you could step to 3/8 or 1/2 and step down again at the turbo fitting it would be ideal.

What threads ore on the turbo housing?

·
#Inkpot
5,177 Posts
1:1 was the idea for the htr core hose to the turbo hose. Both barb ends. I was initially also concerned with that big of a step down but I just saw another guy running it the same way who seems to have had it running that way for some time. Good question on the coolant supply thread size. Ill dig it up.

·
Super Moderator
259,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,067

·
Super Moderator
259,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,068
It's 3/8 instead of 5/16 but you should be able to use a 3/8 hose and get the right fittings at the turbo.

·
#Inkpot
5,177 Posts
I think theres a miscommunication somewhere. I dont actually need a T, as the the component that came from the htr core hose has been deleted with the inlet piece.

The piece hanging up there is gonzo. that port on the very left pointing up was what went to item # 5 in my little drawing.

This was the example I saw of someone elses. I believe it was a barb fitting welded to an AN fitting that ran to the turbo. Being I already have barbed banjo fittings on the turbo and the hose Im just trying to figure out how best to connect them. You're not wrong with the drastic step down though. On the + side, it really is a secondary coolant route and the extra pressure to the turbo isnt a bad thing either(in theory???).

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
259,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,073
if you want it all to flow in line, I would just piece it together out of -AN barbed fittings

·
#Inkpot
5,177 Posts
The heater hose no longer goes anywhere. Unless you mean run the heater hose to item 4 and T off for a supply and then return it to 5?

·
#Inkpot
5,177 Posts
if you want it all to flow in line, I would just piece it together out of -AN barbed fittings

Definitely the more desirable approach. Just trying to get what I have to work. The more thought that goes into this specific thing the more I feel like I should just get after the proper braided lines and AN fittings.

I mean the hose I have would get the car started and driving and I was just going to make it work to get tuning but yeah, Idk.

·
Super Moderator
259,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,076

+

+

Something like that.

·
Super Moderator
259,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,077
Probably could be done cleaner with some more digging but I literally scrapped that together in about 90 seconds.

·
#Inkpot
5,177 Posts
I smell what you're steppin in and I like it

At the price of those fittings I might as well just grab some braided hose and have the supply done right the first time. Its really the only complicated bit of the system. Replacing the the return and the oil return later will be cake.

·
#Inkpot
5,177 Posts
:coffee:

Meeting 1 of 2 out of the way. I got 50% dressed today. My upper half is combed and wearing a somewhat decent looking sweater while the bottom half is sweat pants and slippers.

1061 - 1080 of 1383 Posts