Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1241 - 1260 of 1311 Posts

·
Registered
2006 ACURA RSX TYPE-S 6MT
40 Posts
Worked about 20 total minutes today so far. I did however analyse the absolute hell out which tires to buy.

Came down to 205/50 Falken 615k+,225/45 RS4 or the new compound VR-1 in either size. Gonna go with the RS4 this round.

RE71's are actually the cheapest comparable tire right now after a rebate. Kinda hard to pass them up. If tires didnt age, I'd consider grabbing a set for later. Although the A052 seems to have dethroned the RE71.
Falken tires are very good but we have it insanely expensive because of our idiotic government. our fucking president PU *** IN finally messed up relations with your country in the direction of our interests - but we ordinary people only suffer from this - it’s very expensive to buy from your country! so we drive to bridgton and yokohama. nitto tires,
Falken tires are simply not available to us

·
Super Moderator
259,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,243
Worked about 20 total minutes today so far. I did however analyse the absolute hell out which tires to buy.

Came down to 205/50 Falken 615k+,225/45 RS4 or the new compound VR-1 in either size. Gonna go with the RS4 this round.

RE71's are actually the cheapest comparable tire right now after a rebate. Kinda hard to pass them up. If tires didnt age, I'd consider grabbing a set for later. Although the A052 seems to have dethroned the RE71.
A052 is quite a bit more expensive though.

RS4s are probably solid.

·
#Inkpot
5,137 Posts
The Bridgestones are so cheap right now... tempting for sure.

But yeah, until I have literally everything tweaked and perfect and ready to actually compete for something, Ill never buy a RE71 or A052 type of tire.

Track day hero tires only, for me lol.

Yeah RS4, VR1, RT615k+... all basically the same niche. Couldnt go wrong on any of em.

That sucks Veterok. Bridestone, Yoko and nitto make some legit tires though at least.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The Bridgestones are so cheap right now... tempting for sure.

But yeah, until I have literally everything tweaked and perfect and ready to actually compete for something, Ill never buy a RE71 or A052 type of tire.

Track day hero tires only, for me lol.

Yeah RS4, VR1, RT615k+... all basically the same niche. Couldnt go wrong on any of em.

That sucks Veterok. Bridestone, Yoko and nitto make some legit tires though at least.
I agree Kevink that our government sucks.
my people are being bullied and nothing more. do not believe the one who says that people in Russia live richly and well - it's a lie. my people are tormented by the invaders who destroyed our industry, education and medicine, and indeed the general population. we did not choose the government that is now in power. I am going to move from Russia, I have nothing more to do here, I do not want to raise children in a country that deceives its people by making them slaves without hope for a better life! We also destroyed the sport. our sport is millionaires and only, and we engineers work for them while they are having fun, it is having fun without an approach to the tasks of victory

·
Registered
40 Posts
I don’t want to waste my time just to amuse the vanity of some millionaires. I want to work with normal pilots, with people who regard races as work! on the right people!

·
Registered
40 Posts
in Russia, I communicate with serious pilots who are simply top-end - who go just like goddess! but they’re just not allowed to go to normal classes. because they are afraid that others will be against their background simply worthless pieces of shit that do not even stand next to them

·
Super Moderator
259,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,249
Bit the bullet and ordered a new Denso AC condenser off of Rock Auto. My OEM was is a little sad looking, but it was $300 for a new OEM one which is also Denso, so I'm assuming this $70 special is coming out of China or something.

If all else fails I'll throw the original one on.

·
#Inkpot
5,137 Posts
Changed insurance from Progressive to Geico. They wait until you confirm every last piece of info including payment info, before they hit you with your real rate.

Went from 94/mo to 285/mo -_-

Still better coverage and cheaper than Progressive was.

·
Super Moderator
259,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,252
So can confirm, the Denso aftermarket replacement AC condenser comes out of China. My guess is the one you source from the dealer comes out of Japan.

Fit perfectly fine though.

·
#Inkpot
5,137 Posts
Furlough going solid so far.

Above I meant the rate quoted after all info wan entered, payment info provided, "CLICK YES TO PURCHASE POLICY" then BAM jk you're going to pay us 3x what we quited you.

All in all, Im saving like 20/mo with better coverage so... whatever I guess.

Got tabs on the bike and played 27 holes of golf. Tomorrow Im going to ride the moto to MPLS, put up a hammock and read a book for a while. Maybe whip the drop top there. W4ho knows.
After unemployment compensation, all of this is like a 2.something percent hit to my salary but its time off without taking PTO so... Im trying to enjoy the time off. Furlough is fucking up my work dynamic for sure but gotta take what I can for sure.

Looking forward to another week of this in June tbh.

Glad that AC bit fit well. What's all left?

·
Super Moderator
259,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,255
Furlough going solid so far.

Above I meant the rate quoted after all info wan entered, payment info provided, "CLICK YES TO PURCHASE POLICY" then BAM jk you're going to pay us 3x what we quited you.

All in all, Im saving like 20/mo with better coverage so... whatever I guess.

Got tabs on the bike and played 27 holes of golf. Tomorrow Im going to ride the moto to MPLS, put up a hammock and read a book for a while. Maybe whip the drop top there. W4ho knows.
After unemployment compensation, all of this is like a 2.something percent hit to my salary but its time off without taking PTO so... Im trying to enjoy the time off. Furlough is fucking up my work dynamic for sure but gotta take what I can for sure.

Looking forward to another week of this in June tbh.

Glad that AC bit fit well. What's all left?
Nice nice, I need to get out and golf sometime this year. Think I made it out once last year.

Need to bolt the exhaust up and I can fire it I think. Just waiting on my buddy to redo some welds at the slip joint, and I need to rewrap it.

·
#Inkpot
5,137 Posts
Haha wow rereading my post from last night. I was tired.

Thats awesome though. Its all buttoned back up otherwise? Friends who weld are great friends.

I suck at golf but its getting to be more fun. As long as the people/person I go with doesnt take it seriously. At all. Like we dont keep score and if I dont like where my ball went I can throw it back on the fairway lol

·
#Inkpot
5,137 Posts
Ive gotten so little done in this first day back... My goals for today is to organize a priority list. Ill start it... probably o_O

·
Super Moderator
259,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,258
Adjusted my coilovers yesterday to dial in ride height.

Set the rears to the exact same length, and no preload on the springs, and my passenger side is like 5 mm higher than my drivers side.

Why...

1241 - 1260 of 1311 Posts