Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1261 - 1280 of 1374 Posts

·
#Inkpot
5,169 Posts

·
#Inkpot
5,169 Posts
Right? ok I was thinking that was off... that dude was not only wrong but kind of an asshole.

I guess thats a "welcome to discussing cars on the internet" kind of statement lol

·
Super Moderator
259,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,268
Also your injectors should definitely have a dead time curve, it shouldn't be flat like that I'm pretty sure.

I don't do a lot with tuning, but something about that doesn't seem correct.

·
#Inkpot
5,169 Posts
So thats the thing, either the tuner guy compensated that flat curve elsewhere in the idle tune or... Idk because it idles pretty legit at the flat curve and shits when i entered those values lol

·
Super Moderator
259,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,273

·
#Inkpot
5,169 Posts
So I guess my injectors ARE rated to 752cc at 4 bar where at 3 bar (NA miata) theyre rated at 640cc.

That car passion channel guy kinda briefly covers basics but nothing too terribly in depth. I watched all his tuning videos at least twice. Once from the desk and again from the car.

As intuitive as MS3 is, the folks who know how to use it ~fluently, are really really bad at communicating.

·
Super Moderator
259,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,277
I'd say input the proper injector dead time percentage curve and start from scratch on the idle lol

·
Super Moderator
23,802 Posts
man I have some 1600cc injectors lying around still because I couldn't get them to idle right in my tune. Changed all the dead times and messed with it for awhile. Gave up and slapped my 1000cc back in. Now they are still sitting in my drawer and I spent over $1k on them

1261 - 1280 of 1374 Posts