Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1281 - 1300 of 1374 Posts

·
Super Moderator
259,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,281
I'd be lying if I wasn't tempted to do flex fuel on my car.

Wonder if the RDX injectors would be enough, I already have a DW265 in the tank as well.

The ID1050X's seem to be top notch when it comes to injectors.

·
#Inkpot
5,169 Posts
man I have some 1600cc injectors lying around still because I couldn't get them to idle right in my tune. Changed all the dead times and messed with it for awhile. Gave up and slapped my 1000cc back in. Now they are still sitting in my drawer and I spent over $1k on them
oooooof thats rough.

·
Super Moderator
259,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,284
Yeah people love em.

Itd be worth it man. Do you guys get a lot of corn over there?
Couple locations within 5 miles of me it would seem. Just really don't want to have to wire in sensors and change the fuel jumper in the engine bay so realistically it's not going to happen...way easier just to fill up with 93.

·
#Inkpot
5,169 Posts
I love the smell. And of course what you can do with it if youre pushing for power but just the damn smell alone lol...

·
#Inkpot
5,169 Posts
Kinda like how the uncatted exhaust smell hits different but this actually smells good.

My tuning laptop hit the bricks. Track day, it decided no to let me tune on my way to the track which was v important. Now I get it home and try to start tuning idle last night and it wont search wifi.
I installed all 41 of the windows 7 updates I was ignoring and it buggered it up even more(freeze on shutdown/restart, sound controller perma-disabled, still no wifi functionality).

I then upgraded it to windows 10 being the hardware in it SHOULD be half usable. i7 processor, 8gb of slow ram, dedicated shitty graphics chip... I have to download Tuner Studio again but Im debating if its worth using my last registration on it or if I should just bite the bullet on a new(used) business class laptop and call it a day.

I guess thats the move btw. Finding business class laptops on ebay for sub $500 rather than buying a brand new $1000 laptop that has half the value.

·
#Inkpot
5,169 Posts
Nah got the laptop running though it doesnt have sound but it runs Tuner Studio so... win? Need to get on that. Might get into it today. Also want to build a wheel rack on the wall today out of some old 2x4x7's I got laying around.

·
#Inkpot
5,169 Posts
I gotta put off money-spending here for a bit. Once the audi is all maint'd up, then Ill get after it.

Gonna start buying parts here like... today. Not a cheap endeavor. Tensioner, chains, DSG /haldex service... might as well do oil as well. Not sure how many miles its been but definitely less than 5k.

·
#Inkpot
5,169 Posts
Its all on its way now. Oofda. Seems actually easier than I thought it'd be.

I had watched 2 videos from big name youtube VaG mechanics and they skipped a ton, and didnt really get after the biggest issues. These were 20 minute videos each.

Then I found this video, 8 min and covers everything Im going to touch. Yeet.

I also found a local guy to borrow me some specialty tools. I bought all the other stuff off amazon as well. Skipping Haldex service until all this is done. The kit was backordered.

The car currently has 95k on it. All major maint will be done before 100k and itll go another 100k.... maybe/probably. Ill need to get the valves walnut blasted at somepoint too I spose. Or get in the habit of seafoaming them. Clean those and add a catch can... When the turbo goes Ill put a bigger one on there... Ill have to do the rear main at some point... I think thats about it for major major stuff.

Sorry kinda just thinking out loud there o_O

·
#Inkpot
5,169 Posts
VQ bra. Make it a wookie truck. Go barrelin through the forests of Hoth in the wookie truck.

I think those Pro4x' are great value for what they are though. Theyre finally updateing the damn things after like a decade of the same exact thing. Should be out next year.

Id still love a Ridgeline as well but they spendy by comparison.

·
#Inkpot
5,169 Posts
Gonna go in Tues and Thurs until Im told I gotta come in full time. The boss offered this option freely lol.

It was odd yeterday. Almost no one there. Had to wear a mask everywhere that wasnt my desk.

Hows working from the damn cabin? lol big jelly

1281 - 1300 of 1374 Posts