Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1341 - 1360 of 1382 Posts

·
#Inkpot
5,176 Posts
Google said those only make 150 after reasonable modification.

While Im sure thats a sizable increase, it needs MOAR powers. I bet 200 would make that car.
I bet 200 would also overpower the brakes, etc. Bet it'd be fun though too.

Hearing those noises come from that car would be excellent lol.

·
#Inkpot
5,176 Posts
Sorry boss storm came through and power went out.

Also I was exposed to Corona last night(about 5 of em) so I really shouldnt be out in public. Shucks

·
#Inkpot
5,176 Posts
Its my day off but Ive put in about 4 hours so far :)

Sposed to be at Proving Grounds this weekend -_-

It was cancelled.

·
Super Moderator
259,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,354
Did ~300 miles round trip in the RSX this weekend. Performed flawlessly.

Swapped out the plugs, old ones didn't look bad. No signs of any oil or trouble with the valve seals. AC was blowing cold, Koyo rad kept the car dead at 183F while cruising.

Feels good man.

·
#Inkpot
5,176 Posts
Feels good man.

First day of furlough not trying to get out into the garage asap lol... Not sure how that happened... Bye bye week.

Audi is about all set though. I need to raise the front up a bit but it doesnt rub at full lock. The racelands feel great tbh. No complaint at all with the ride quality. Likely that 100k blown oem shocks vs something new effect but I'm not mad. As long as they last a while.

The timing project seems to have gone well. No implosion yet. The first couple miles it whirred like mad. I was a bit worried tbh. Seems to have chilled out.

knocks on wood anyways

·
#Inkpot
5,176 Posts
Man... agreeing to help that kid with his miata was a mistake. 17 total hours in the garage on his car. Felt like I did most the work. Did the coolant reroute and then his timing and waterpump.

Ill take the karma points but... never again.

·
Super Moderator
259,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,359
Man... agreeing to help that kid with his miata was a mistake. 17 total hours in the garage on his car. Felt like I did most the work. Did the coolant reroute and then his timing and waterpump.

Ill take the karma points but... never again.
So this was some rando or? Did you get paid?

·
#Inkpot
5,176 Posts
I met him a few times. Did not get paid at all.

The deal was he was going to come and grab a set of wheels/tires ot mount them for me. He did, and then he offfered to do another set of wheels and tires and he did. Picked everything up from me and dropped it all back off. This was to be in exchange for helping with the coolant reroute. I even paid him $50 on top for how good of a deal it was.

But then yeah, getting to my place Sat morning he said he wanted to do the water pump and timing stuff as well. Didnt think it'd be much extra, so w/e. But yeah, 17 hours total.

Pretty mad he didnt at least offer to send me that $50 back.

"Ill take you for sushi sometime"

Get fucked with your sushi guy.

1341 - 1360 of 1382 Posts