Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1361 - 1374 of 1374 Posts

·
Super Moderator
259,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,361
I always got roped into working on my friends cars somehow.

Hey want to come over and help me install my exhaust? Yeah, that just snowballed into me doing everything...

Such is life. Fuck your sushi.

·
Super Moderator
259,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,364
Got my replacement exhaust camshaft from Drag Cartel.

Question is...do I buy valve springs again any reswap the valvetrain to the 2.2s, or roll with the factory stuff for now.

·
Super Moderator
259,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,366
When I pulled them out to swap in the TSX camshafts one of the exhaust lobes had a weird nick on it so I sent it in for inspection but it couldn't get repaired.

So I got one at a discount. I'll either end up selling the set or running them next year.

·
#Inkpot
5,169 Posts
Is that a fairly straightforward thing to do? I feel like it would be but not having a semi-stable starting place would make it more difficult.

·
Super Moderator
259,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,371
It's not the worst but I need to get the car running to dial in the timing, but if the carbs are all jacked up that kind of makes the battle a little worse.

·
#Inkpot
5,169 Posts
Fridayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy pay dayyyyyyyyyy
Pay the mortgage dayyyyyyyyyy.... wait...

All day track stuff Sunday. Should be a good time. Put a new spark map on the car and it pulls better up top. Not as eager down low though o_O

·
#Inkpot
5,169 Posts
Race car hangover. Full day events are the hardest. I got home at like 530, fell asleep at like 6 and woke up at 8 to eat dinner lol.

Car ran like shit. I really need ot make that a priority. I really need ot make re-tiling my shower a priority as well.
But yeah, idled like shit again. Ran alright while wide open but when it gets all the way warmed up, it idles like dog shit.

One session where I actually started pushing it pretty hard the temp gauge went all the way to H. I think its time I get that second fan in there as well.

1361 - 1374 of 1374 Posts