Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Midwest *CHAT* "I'd almost put money on this thread never reaching 75 pages" - Kevin

Tags
kevin midwest
31K views 2K replies 18 participants last post by  MITeggy17 
#1 ·
Midwest *CHAT* "I'd almost put money on this thread never reaching 75 pages" - Kevin

Here we are for our second thread of the year.

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 1,868
User Name Posts
Kevink121 747
MITeggy17 612
DC5nv 278
Dad 101
jamesl85 54
Ransom 38
ashinsky 12
Jimmikatt 11
sinzdc5 10
RSX train wreck 3
korney 2

See less See more
#1,073 ·
I think theres a miscommunication somewhere. I dont actually need a T, as the the component that came from the htr core hose has been deleted with the inlet piece.

The piece hanging up there is gonzo. that port on the very left pointing up was what went to item # 5 in my little drawing.

This was the example I saw of someone elses. I believe it was a barb fitting welded to an AN fitting that ran to the turbo. Being I already have barbed banjo fittings on the turbo and the hose Im just trying to figure out how best to connect them. You're not wrong with the drastic step down though. On the + side, it really is a secondary coolant route and the extra pressure to the turbo isnt a bad thing either(in theory???).

Attachments

#1,077 ·
Definitely the more desirable approach. Just trying to get what I have to work. The more thought that goes into this specific thing the more I feel like I should just get after the proper braided lines and AN fittings.

I mean the hose I have would get the car started and driving and I was just going to make it work to get tuning but yeah, Idk.

#1,078 ·

+

+

Something like that.

#1,080 ·
I smell what you're steppin in and I like it

At the price of those fittings I might as well just grab some braided hose and have the supply done right the first time. Its really the only complicated bit of the system. Replacing the the return and the oil return later will be cake.

#1,087 ·
Bro I put a comb in my hair for the first time in over a week this morning.

Our team is only like 6 people though. Most social I've been in a while.
My robe has been walking me around for a week. Oh, and I wanted to apologize. Go with the good stuff and do it right the first time. Best to you as your doing way more on yours than I have mine lately. I'm still waiting to get my head back from the shop! All they have to do is put the guides in and 3 angle on it....5 is out of the question around here!

#1,090 ·
Company just furloughed 90% of us for next week without pay.

Nothing can be done about it. No options. Real poor timing. Not that theres ever really good timing to go a week without pay.

This being in the same year they dashed our bonuses...

#Bigmad

#1,091 ·
Company just furloughed 90% of us for next week without pay.

Nothing can be done about it. No options. Real poor timing. Not that theres ever really good timing to go a week without pay.

This being in the same year they dashed our bonuses...

#Bigmad
I'm self employed. I owe a chunk in taxes, do not qualify for the "GOV. CHECK" and if I want a bonus? I put in extra hours to take my girl out. Rack on healthy bills, such is life so we work hard to have a lil' slice of some happiness under the rainbow. I see no pot of gold so I hit the weed....My bad if I think I'm funny sometimes when maybe I'm not?

#1,092 ·
They came out with an achievable bonus plan for this year but I'm pretty sure that got thrown at the window because of all the shutdowns.

At least it's only a week, definitely a bummer, but we're still employed at the end of the day.

#1,093 ·
The bonus they dashed in October was because "just because the company posted 4x growth not every department should automatically receive a bonus". So no one received a bonus besides of course the ELT and who knows who else.

Just a month or so ago my department head was telling us we're cash rich and we had so much capital the only issue is figuring out what best to spend it on. Now we're so scared of losing that capital surplus that we're taking a weeks pay from 90% of the company. K...

I'm gonna lay off bitching about it now but big mad.

#1,097 ·
The washer bottle shipped today. Thats pretty neat. Only took ~2.5 weeks. Was expecting 1-2 months based on others experience from this JP vendor.

All fittings and their respective taps have been purchased as well. I just went with the soft hose to get this thing off the ground. Other than coolant, an oil filter and the aluminum for the additional heat shielding, Im about set.

Teggy, would you still be able to send me that hose protector stuff? I have like 3.5' of 5/16" and about 2' of 5/8".

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.