Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Super Moderator
259,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
RT660s or die.

Really though, they're cheap and pretty spicy from what I can tell. Long time Potenza user here so I'm excited to give them a shot.

The 255 is thicccccccccc though, should've went 245/215 instead of 255/225.

·
#Inkpot
5,299 Posts
Im still runnin RS4 and likely will until I feel like I need to compete in something lol. Or until they make a faster/longer lasting track day tire for less sponduli.

Brah tickets purchased. Meet me in Intermediate HPDE May 22nd/23rd. Lesgo.

·
#Inkpot
5,299 Posts
:coffee:

Day 352 of waiting for Teg to purchase TDP tickets.

Got my car turned around and up on jack stands. It ran for all of 5 minutes and started dripping coolant.
Picking up right where we left off.

Got a little laundry list of stuff to do but its all relatively easy.

·
Super Moderator
259,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
The gang and I were just talking about TDP.

Strong possibility I might swing out. Nothing in stone.

·
#Inkpot
5,299 Posts
New boost controller in, new radiator comes today, got the clutch line bled with new fluid.

Need to do the thermostat, ducting and splitter and call er good. I guess it wouldn't be the worst thing to get a professional tune as well. Probably due for an alignment as well.

Thoomin on this stuff. Fuck May, Ill be done in April.

·
#Inkpot
5,299 Posts
Trying to decide if I want to replace my motorcycle with something more modern/safe or buy an OEM hardtop for the miata. Last year, it was turbo kit vs motorcycle.

Theyre about the same price when it comes to hardtop vs down payment.

The hardtop is apparently worth like 2 seconds on a two mile track in aero gains and is generally sweet. The new motorcycle is far less likely to kill me than my old one is.

Other than at the track, Ill almost never want the hardtop on and I have no convenient place to keep it.

·
Super Moderator
259,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
My vote goes for hardtop.

·
#Inkpot
5,299 Posts
Decided I will probably buy a shitty aftermarket top and replace the motorcycle. Ill almost never have the hard top on and its really only to serve a purpose.

I have a little bonus coming, I might be taking a new position here relatively soon and I still havent done my taxes. Should all be in the cards.

·
Super Moderator
23,895 Posts
finally time to bust the vehicles out of hibernation

·
#Inkpot
5,299 Posts
We're currently receiving our first good rain of the season.

I decided to forgo the splitter and build a quick/shitty undertray for now. I just want to get it back on the ground and start getting it shaken down.

·
Super Moderator
259,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Just need an alignment and a little touch up on the tune and we're golden.

·
#Inkpot
5,299 Posts
Last weekend was the annual boys snowboarding trip. Ill probably be hungover until Thursday.

Oh and theres a blizzard on right now so I aint mad lol.

·
Super Moderator
23,895 Posts
I haven't snow boarded since the accident.

·
#Inkpot
5,299 Posts
Thats ominous. I feel like Im about to watch a flashback of.... "the accident"

I was right though. I was still feeling last weekends bad decisions as of yesterday. Sheesh.

·
Super Moderator
259,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Had the S2000 out yesterday. Forgot how incredible that car is in stock form.

RSX gets aligned on Monday. Took it to get gas the other day and the pads rattled so much with the new APs I thought something was wrong with the front end. Essex Parts pad tension kit coming in today. Also waiting on some Porterfield R4-S pads to come in for the front so I don't have to mob around with Pagid RS29s lol.

·
Super Moderator
259,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Also temperature just keeps rising here so I think we're beyond snow...fingers crossed.

41 - 60 of 84 Posts