1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATE

DATE: JUNE 14
COST: $10

Okay guys here is the update for the Midwest K Series meet i am trying to organize. I have set the date to June 14th. Now for locations i am deciding between 2. First being Richard Bong Recreational Park and the other is Petrifying Springs Park. Both are in Kenosha County.

Now i have set the location right on the Wisconsin/Illinois State Border to make it more of a Central location. Make it a little closer to Chicago so that i don't have to hear about how far of a drive it is.

I am calling both Wisconsin DNR Park Services and Kenosha County Park Services to get all the information i need to secure a location and what it all entails. So please be patient with me. Both locations require a reservation, so the date may change if the location isn't available for reservation on June 14th.

As for cost, i am charging $10 a person. This will help with the costs of reserving the location, and food to feed all that are attending. I know it seems a little steep, but i have held meets before and paid over $150 out of my own pocket for food and reservations. Any extra funds that i happen to be left over will be used for future events.

So with all that said, i need people to make suggestions on food and drink for the meet. I am thinking Brats and Hot Dogs, but open for suggestions! If you're interested please say so!

Thanks,
Jake Kaminskis
http://www.MidwestTuning.com

·
Muahahahahaha
1,170 Posts
figure out a rough estimate of people coming first. Duration of event would be another. Does the park we are going to hold the meet at allow alcohol or are you not going to allow it all together (just a thought...I don't care either way)? I think you may (depending on people and their suggestions) want a bit more than just brats and hotdogs. I don't know, I'm just throwing suggestions out there.

Come on people, lets hear what you would think would be a good idea..... :beerchug:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Just an idea that is really out there but it would be cool of the SCCA could host a autoX just for out meet, K-series hondas only lol. but i know non k-series will show and it would depend on how many people we could get. :vtec:

Ill be down for any place and 10 buck sounds good to me.

·
Muahahahahaha
1,170 Posts
Just an idea that is really out there but it would be cool of the SCCA could host a autoX just for out meet, K-series hondas only lol. but i know non k-series will show and it would depend on how many people we could get. :vtec:

That would be awesome! Don't think they would hold an auto-x just for K-series though.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

It's an awesome idea, however i don't think i am up to the challenge of hosting such an event just yet. I would have to save up a ton of money just to reserve a location that allows such events. Not to mention we'd have to also pay for insurance for the event, and so on. A lot of work is needed to throw such an event, and i just don't have the time nor money to start the ball on it. Eventually it will come time for me to elevate the bar and start an organization that will host meets for such events!

As for alcohol i know Petrifying Springs requires a $35 permit for alcohol to be served, as for Bong i'll have to check on their requirements.

Monday i will be hunting down all the details that i need to set the location in stone. Then we'll go from there. I also mentioned that i need to hear people's suggestions for food and so on.

·
Registered
85 Posts
yeah thats why i was thinking the SCCA would host it and we pay them if they do that sort of thing. Also there is the MSCC (Madison Sports Car Club)

·
Muahahahahaha
1,170 Posts
if we work hard enough, we might be able to set something up for starting next year. We could get all the necessary information, forms....so on and so forth. Who knows? It wouldn't hurt to look into doing something of the sort.

It would be fun :weeeeeeeeee:

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I can agree, however we need to form an organization of people willing to help put together such an event. Only problem is that i have also joined the organization that will be setting up time trial events here in the Midwest. So time is going to be hard to find.... I'll see what i can do.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts