Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Must...stop...modding!!
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you with a Greddy kit, or any turbo for that matter, I am not planning on getting a boost controller, so would there be any need for upgrading any internals? There is a cybernation block guard on the CRSX store, would this help me at all...or is this a sort of "safe", more preventative mod. Also, I know that most kits come with larger injectors, but would a fuel pump and fuel rail be necessary to aid in flow? What about a thicker head gasket to lower the compression ratio a bit?

Also, IF I WAS to get a boost controller, I am sure that I would need to upgrade with everything mentioned above depending on how much I wanted to boost, but what would be next?

New rods, forged pistons, what else......

As for tuning, If my plans do go through with the Greddy kit, then my weapon of choice would be K pro.

·
Registered
52 Posts
You would not need to upgrade anything if you just wanted to run the stock greddy turbo kit.

When you start talking about more boost you are obviously going to need to beef up the engine so it does not go BOOM. This means new rods, pistons, perhaps a blockguard, larger injectors....

·
Must...stop...modding!!
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So basically, with the Greddy kit at stock PSI, I would be fine with just tuning?

·
Banned
721 Posts
My car ran fast (yet unsafe) with the greddy hondata reflash. I got the KPRO and now it is tuned for daily driving, but I can only hit high 13s at the track. I think you will need a boost controller if you want an optimal tune.

I am going to have my car tuned once I get my boost controller, and 3" cat, and exhaust.

·
Must...stop...modding!!
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great, I think K pro will do me some good then.

As far as tuning with a boost controller, I bet it would do wonders at the track, but if I decide to get this turbo, I probably wont be messing with a boost controller, etc...Im still saving up to move out, which can be a bitch when your trying to mod your car, LOL

4,780 Posts
EBP-RSX-S said:
you might wanna go with a 2.5 or 3 inch cat-back the powergetter is a for N/A cars not F/I. You'll gain atleast 10whp from jsut changing cat-backs IMO.
On my 99si I was running greddy turbo and greddy sp exhaust I swithched to a thermal 3 inch and only gained around 3 whp, it was not worth the $600.00
Plus I like the powergetter :thumbsup:

·
Registered
727 Posts
2.0turbo said:
On my 99si I was running greddy turbo and greddy sp exhaust I swithched to a thermal 3 inch and only gained around 3 whp, it was not worth the $600.00
Plus I like the powergetter :thumbsup:
I had a FBP 99 SI Too!! lol
On my RSX, I gained 11whp by swapping out the greddy evo exhaust to the thermal. Its all depending on different variables... like for instance, My exhaust actually brought my boost up almost 1 psi, and that's where I got most of my gain I guess.

For the original question. I made 263 whp on a dyno jet with stock PSi. I know run 9 Psi daily and made 283. When I turn my boost controller off, its at the stock greddy waste gate setting,which is like 6.5 and the difference is night and day.
I run stock internals on my car and race it everyweekend.
My suggestion is to spend some time tuning that Kpro cause it will pay for it self in the long run

4,780 Posts
zulusTypeS said:
I had a FBP 99 SI Too!! lol
On my RSX, I gained 11whp by swapping out the greddy evo exhaust to the thermal. Its all depending on different variables... like for instance, My exhaust actually brought my boost up almost 1 psi, and that's where I got most of my gain I guess.

For the original question. I made 263 whp on a dyno jet with stock PSi. I know run 9 Psi daily and made 283. When I turn my boost controller off, its at the stock greddy waste gate setting,which is like 6.5 and the difference is night and day.
I run stock internals on my car and race it everyweekend.
My suggestion is to spend some time tuning that Kpro cause it will pay for it self in the long run
My k pro is well tuned I make 267whp @7psi on a mustang dyno, I am going to run it on a dynojet and see what I make, I think dynojets read higher

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I put down 252 with a tiny 2.36 inch exhaust....in the next month ill be adding a exhaust cutout, 2 more psi, mbc, and 550s or 650s

·
1320 warrior!
1,741 Posts
RsxManJoe said:
I put down 252 with a tiny 2.36 inch exhaust....in the next month ill be adding a exhaust cutout, 2 more psi, mbc, and 550s or 650s

have you ever ran your car at the track? What's the torque with your setup?
I don't know what I want yet. cybernation(expensive but good numbers), JRSC(decent numbers, but afraid of not having a cooling kit) or greddy(decent numbers but a lot more torque than JRSC at the same psi, from what I've seen)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.