Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lost my job last week.
I make three car payments. One is on the wife's car, the other 2 are my new Type-S and my 2004 Mazda 3. Wife says sell one of my 2 cars. I've had the Mazda 3 for sale now for 6 months, plenty have looked at it but no offers. The 3 even had a new motor installed under warranty back in February.
Anyway, my blue Type-S has only 2,600 miles on it, since I drove the Mazda all winter. If I sell the S I'd need to get $23,800 for it to pay off the loan.
You guys think that I'm priced too high? I'd rather sell the fucking Mazda and end this right now, but i gotta keep the peace with my wife and I can't afford the 3 car payments that I'm currently making.:( :(

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Guess it's none of my business but just curious why you have 3 new cars?

If the 3 is your winter beater... why such a new and 'nice' beater?

musta had a ballin job... :laughing:

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I doubt you will get $23,800 for it, considering I got a 04 S with the A-Spec package for less with 40 miles on it. Sorry about your situation.
Not to be an ass at all man, but I dont see how you paying less for your 04 with 40k miles on it has anything to do with what this guy can get for an 06 with 2k miles on it:dontknow:

Alnicoman, I'm in Canada so I dunno what you can get for your car, but I'm guessing your looking for a quick sale, and usually in those cases you gotta take a bit of a hit on your price. If you werent in your situation and could afford to hold out you may get what you want

·
Registered
112 Posts
Not to be an ass at all man, but I dont see how you paying less for your 04 with 40k miles on it has anything to do with what this guy can get for an 06 with 2k miles on it:dontknow:

Alnicoman, I'm in Canada so I dunno what you can get for your car, but I'm guessing your looking for a quick sale, and usually in those cases you gotta take a bit of a hit on your price. If you werent in your situation and could afford to hold out you may get what you want
Learn to read, 40 miles, not 40,000 miles... :shakehead

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mazda vs. RSX

guys,
I have been trying to sell the Mazda ever since I bought the RSX. My wife has a 2006 Toyota that she likes a lot, so she doesn't want the Mazda. Besides, the mazda has a 5 speed, and while she can drive the stick with no problems, she will not consider it long term.
A couple of months ago someone here mentioned seeing the last few RSX's at dealerships getting their prices inflated due to the scarcity of new vehicles. Well my S is almost new, which is why I won't take anything less than what I owe on it. I did just get a call on the Mazda 10 minutes ago so if I can sell it, then I keep the S.

·
i love beer
1,504 Posts
I hope you can keep the S, I'm not a huge fan of Mazda 3s. I also doubt you will get 23,00 for your S is you do sell it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Guess it's none of my business but just curious why you have 3 new cars?

If the 3 is your winter beater... why such a new and 'nice' beater?

musta had a ballin job... :laughing:

I was a controller (head accountant) at a construction company. The pay was o.k. at $71,000 a year but I need to get mey ass back to work pronto or i'll be worrying about a lot more than paying the car payments, like paying the mortgage.

·
Retired OG
100,341 Posts
I lost my job last week.
I make three car payments. One is on the wife's car, the other 2 are my new Type-S and my 2004 Mazda 3. Wife says sell one of my 2 cars. I've had the Mazda 3 for sale now for 6 months, plenty have looked at it but no offers. The 3 even had a new motor installed under warranty back in February.
Anyway, my blue Type-S has only 2,600 miles on it, since I drove the Mazda all winter. If I sell the S I'd need to get $23,800 for it to pay off the loan.
You guys think that I'm priced too high? I'd rather sell the fucking Mazda and end this right now, but i gotta keep the peace with my wife and I can't afford the 3 car payments that I'm currently making.:( :(
i am not saying this to be mean but there is no way in hell oyu will get that much for a used Type S.

Granted it has barely been driven, the fact that it is off the lot means alot. I would try more for like $21,500 or $22,000.

·
Registered
318 Posts
sucks to hear about your situation man but in all reality there is no way you will get that much for your Type S. IMO the most you will get would probably be around 20 to 21k.
good luck with that...but SELL THAT DAMN MAZDA!!!! :laughing:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts