Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
i've seen them handle up to 300's but have a lot of high speed/RPM grinding problems which eventually lead to failures. This remedies the grinding problems and raises the durability of the tranny by 4-5X. If we couldn't break it even running without oil, you can't break it guaranteed.

Disclaimer: if you run it without oil (which I don't recommend) obviously that will not be warrantied. I can show the pics of the tranny apart after being ran without oil. No damage.:run:
Is this a true guarantee/implied warranty or are you just saying that to show your personal confidence in the treatment?

·
Banned
59 Posts
Both. It's in writing right there. So yes it's guaranteed to raise the durability of the tranny and aid in fixing the inherent problems with the stock tranny configuration.
Fix all for everything? No. I read about some people absolutely destroying some of these trannies. Which after what I've done to them I don't know how you would have to be driving to do that. Granted some people can destroy anything so if you're one of those people this should help you. If you tranny is already broken. Then we'll have to repair it.

·
Vtec+Boost=Priceless!
547 Posts
Sounds good can see some pics from test:thumbsup:

·
§
2,072 Posts
I think most people are just too afraid to act as a guinea pig for ~$1500. I am sure the quality of your work speaks for itself. Let me know if you need a guinea pig to prove to the K-series crew about this, I just got a new trans so this would be a good time plus, I am right here in Daytona. Any way good luck and Free Bump.

·
Banned
59 Posts
There are no guinea pigs. I've already done those guys. What type proof do you need that it works flawlessly? Since you're in daytona I'll take the treated one apart so you can see the bearing surfaces after running it without oil. there's nothing you can do to destruct unles your blatantly abusing it. Run sand in it or something.

·
Power of Dreams
3,036 Posts
I would love to have this done with my tranny, just wish I wasn't HALF way around the world.

·
Banned
59 Posts
Here's the new one for PB16B on K20a
If you look close you can visually see that the process is way better now that we get it done locally then rather than out-sourcing and having to ship it. Here's the pics.

·
Boost=Good
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Wow. That's one hell of a surface finish!

·
Bitch where's my Money!
844 Posts
just wondering but is there a stronger aftermarket gear set then the factory pieces because that along with this proccess may be the best option. if im not mistaken for example there is supposed to be a 4.0 FD being released for us boosted guys

·
It's My Time
1,970 Posts
who make shte most power on here.
A guy named PYRSX is... He is in TX... He has also been through a few trannies... He might be interested...

I would love to try this when I get my car back up and running, but its out of budget... I will more then likely just get the 4.0 final drive and get a spare 5 speed for backup....

41 - 60 of 114 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.