Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I was running the coldair program and the MIL came on. So I hooked in my laptop to see what the error was but there wasn't one. I've got the "flash MIL on knock" enabled but I assume that will actually flash the MIL not light it and keep it on. I was able to clear the codes and it hasn't seemed to come back.

Anyone got any ideas on what's going on? Other than I'm going crazy.

·
Vendor
935 Posts
rsx_driver said:
So today I was running the coldair program and the MIL came on. So I hooked in my laptop to see what the error was but there wasn't one. I've got the "flash MIL on knock" enabled but I assume that will actually flash the MIL not light it and keep it on. I was able to clear the codes and it hasn't seemed to come back.
Next time it happens, short pins 4 and 9 on the OBD II connector and read the flashing engine check light.

http://www.hondata.com/techecucodes.html

·
ECU Tuner
3,588 Posts
Hondata said:
Next time it happens, short pins 4 and 9 on the OBD II connector and read the flashing engine check light.

http://www.hondata.com/techecucodes.html
Hehehe.... So with all this technology all connected, when a MIL comes on we rush for a paper clip, check some diagrams to see where pins 4 and 9 are in a connector under the dash, make triple sure we're not sticking the paper clip into the wrong position (I fried a PC motherboard this weekend just by putting a single USB pin into an apparently wrong position). So in the clip goes and we hope for the best. Then we watch the MIL. Hmmm... six long flashes and then three short ones. Morse Code City. Let's see... that translates into a Secondary HO2S problem. But wait, beeeep-beeeep-beeeep-beeeep-beeeep-beeeep-bep-bep-bep could be a P0137, a P0138, or a P0139, all of which throw a MIL 63. Seems a little arcane. With Windows XP, gigahertz CPUs and all that programming I want a sultry female voice explaining the issue or at least an error indication/explanation on my computer screen. :p

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
conradb212 said:
Hehehe.... So with all this technology all connected, when a MIL comes on we rush for a paper clip
:D Ghetto style. Maybe there should be a hondata certified paper clip included with each K pro. :D

It makes me laugh because on my friends B series we did this same ghetto style trick to figure out he was having a knock problem. Once we knew that we checked the sensor and low and behold it was loose. Tightened it back up and all was fine. Since then I love the paperclip trick.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
conradb212 said:
Hehehe.... So with all this technology all connected, when a MIL comes on we rush for a paper clip, check some diagrams to see where pins 4 and 9 are in a connector under the dash, make triple sure we're not sticking the paper clip into the wrong position (I fried a PC motherboard this weekend just by putting a single USB pin into an apparently wrong position). So in the clip goes and we hope for the best. Then we watch the MIL. Hmmm... six long flashes and then three short ones. Morse Code City. Let's see... that translates into a Secondary HO2S problem. But wait, beeeep-beeeep-beeeep-beeeep-beeeep-beeeep-bep-bep-bep could be a P0137, a P0138, or a P0139, all of which throw a MIL 63. Seems a little arcane. With Windows XP, gigahertz CPUs and all that programming I want a sultry female voice explaining the issue or at least an error indication/explanation on my computer screen. :p
See, I acctually find this quite rediculous. I think that with all the money I spent on this new technology, I wouldn't have to use a paper clip to find out what a problem is when it arises. Don't get me wrong, I love everything about the K-pro and the software, I just wish that these little things could be avoided by enhancing the software to recognize an apparently broader range of error codes. Correct me if I am wrong, but is that not the problem?

-Carl

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.