Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have an 05 RSX base and needed to replace the lower ball joints. I ordered 05 base RSX ball joints AND lower control arms because the arms weren't in the best shape either. So as I was going to replace the ball joints, I realized that the new ones had a diameter that was too small to fit into my spindle :dontknow: . I looked at the control arms.. the new ones had a a straight hole while the old ones had a tapered hole :dontknow: . Since I urgently needed the car the next day, I installed joints from an 05 accord. They fit perfectly into the old spindles and the old control arms however they were a bit longer than the original joints. I want to return to original setup with RSX joints, but does anyone have an idea which car my spindles and control arms came out of? The car has had 4 owners before me soo.. Please help

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Sounds like you have type s spindles and control arms. The ball joint is bigger on the type s. I had the same issue but in reverse. I ordered control arms and received base model control arms so the ball joints wouldn’t fit. I sent the control arms back and I ended up just replacing my control arm bushings and using 1999 prelude ball joints in my 05 type s and they work just fine.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Also when you order, many parts places arent aware there are two sizes. Kseries parts sells the Hardrace larger ball joints 05-06 for about $60/pair.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts