Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1849 Posts

·
#Inkpot
5,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bring to you the next installment of our MN chat!!

Hopefully just in time to see out this last ridiculous bit of polar vortex and move on to spring time!! Cant wait to get out to the meets and install parties!! I am very surprised we made it through the winter with a whole 74 pages with not much going on in the garages.

annnnnd the count as it stands at page 74.

User Name......Posts

Kevink121.........391 (My favorite form of procrastination)
korney..............372
Sage0021.........279
sinzdc5.............232
jamesl85..........170
astoesz............83
dc2kid..............56
ohyeahitskham42
KrazyKarl.........30
vang004..........28
falseantidote...19
minnesotarsx...17
rellikdc5...........13
Ransom...........13
715-DC5..........11
JW_RSX............9
illestdc5............8
EDU..................8
TGTS2000.........7
Rus1an.............7
AcuraDude82....7
MN_DSM...........6
MN_typeS_02...5
ihazvtak............5
AsianBob..........4
jl_type-s...........3
ekhonda87.......2
mikehelker........1
uncochu............1
xworkingboyx...1
Luese1.............1
xplayplayx........1
Leng-rsx...........1
Syndromatic.....1
ChengBluersx...1

·
#Inkpot
5,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lurkers be welcome this time. We need to get more faces in the rsx/civic circle.

Post away.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Looks to be warming up towards the end of the week, finally. Maybe, just maybe it'll stay positive from here on. Proud to say the RSX has made it this far only at the cost of blown rear struts and lots of ice chips. sigh~

·
#Inkpot
5,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
just bought a alpine ina-w900 all in one navi unit
:thumbsup: nice, I've been wanting to pick up something similar. No money for fun mods though

Looks to be warming up towards the end of the week, finally. Maybe, just maybe it'll stay positive from here on. Proud to say the RSX has made it this far only at the cost of blown rear struts and lots of ice chips. sigh~
:pray: I really hope so

·
Super Moderator
14,194 Posts
I bring to you the next installment of our MN chat!!

Hopefully just in time to see out this last ridiculous bit of polar vortex and move on to spring time!! Cant wait to get out to the meets and install parties!! I am very surprised we made it through a whole 74 pages with not much going on in the garages.

annnnnd the count as it stands at page 74.

User Name......Posts

Kevink121.........391 (My favorite form of procrastination)
korney..............372
Sage0021.........279
sinzdc5.............232
jamesl85..........170
astoesz............83
dc2kid..............56
ohyeahitskham42
KrazyKarl.........30
vang004..........28
falseantidote...19
minnesotarsx...17
rellikdc5...........13
Ransom...........13
715-DC5..........11
JW_RSX............9
illestdc5............8
EDU..................8
TGTS2000.........7
Rus1an.............7
AcuraDude82....7
MN_DSM...........6
MN_typeS_02...5
ihazvtak............5
AsianBob..........4
jl_type-s...........3
ekhonda87.......2
mikehelker........1
uncochu............1
xworkingboyx...1
Luese1.............1
xplayplayx........1
Leng-rsx...........1
Syndromatic.....1
ChengBluersx...1
Looks like I moved up a few spots since the last chat! :wavey:

·
Super Moderator
14,194 Posts
just bought a alpine ina-w900 all in one navi unit
Thats a really nice looking unit. I bought my Pioneer double din touch screen a few years ago and it's amazing how few features it has compared to the new stuff out now! Technology is always changing :shakehead

·
Super Moderator
14,194 Posts
Theres a comptech supercharger for sale right now. Looks really dirty and missing quite a bit... only 1600 tho
I seen that. Personally, I have no experiance with the CT kits. I do know that they seem to be less of a pain to install. I say that based on how they bolt to the manifold, compared to the JR with the bottom plate and all.

I beleive the CT M62 is a generation newer the the JR one and the CT kit has the stronger snout. Also, the pulley design seems easier to change then the keyed JR one that can be a pain to get off sometimes.

If I were to do it all over again, I think I might try the CT kit. With that being said, a bottle of simple green is pretty cheap and can go a long way to making that blower/manifold looking new again.

·
Super Moderator
14,194 Posts
Haha, are you turned off by the grime or it not being a JR kit?

Mine was dirty as hell when I first got it. Previous owner didn't run a catch can so the whole manifold/blades were coated in black oil/grime. The outside was about as bad too. I ended up going through a whole box of shop towels, a fresh can of brake cleaner, and a bottle of simple green to get the thing clean!

·
A&A removal crew
33,373 Posts
In

·
#Inkpot
5,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Haha, are you turned off by the grime or it not being a JR kit?

Mine was dirty as hell when I first got it. Previous owner didn't run a catch can so the whole manifold/blades were coated in black oil/grime. The outside was about as bad too. I ended up going through a whole box of shop towels, a fresh can of brake cleaner, and a bottle of simple green to get the thing clean!

Dayum

1 - 20 of 1849 Posts