Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been working on fixing up lots of little issues with an RSX that I picked up a couple months ago. Bulbs, fuses, broken clips, etc. At the moment I've got two issues that have me frustrated and I'm hopeful that someone can help with some pointers.

First up - beneath the radio and above the cupholders there is a little light that's not working. I'm not getting any current on the pigtail for it, and have checked the "Small light" fuse under the hood, as well as a cursory search for other blown fuses. So far no luck--does anyone know what fuse definitively powers that light, and aside from the fuse and bulb any ideas on where to look?

Secondly - below the power mirrors controls there's the little flip-down tray, right by the driver's left knee. The tray is held in place with two friction-fit pins, which have popped out. I have one, the other is lost. It looks like the tray needs to be inserted into position and then the pins pushed in from behind the dash--from a spot that I can't reach without pulling the whole dash off. Am I missing a way to pull just that section of the dash (the smooth plastic beneath the mirror control) without the full dash? If not I think I can rig a fix, but I wanted to check.

· Registered
129 Posts
I can't help with the electrical stuff but for your second problem, you have to loosen/remove 4 bolts that's holding the tray assembly. It's kind of hard to see but when take out the panels underneath the steering wheel, you'll see it.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't help with the electrical stuff but for your second problem, you have to loosen/remove 4 bolts that's holding the tray assembly. It's kind of hard to see but when take out the panels underneath the steering wheel, you'll see it.
Thanks! I found a couple screws last night, but it was at dusk and it started looking like a whole-dash job. Gonna glue those stupid pins in-place. That tray fell out of my last RSX, too :thumbsdown:

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Booyah, tray thingie repaired. I even found the missing pin when I was getting in under the dash. Getting at those screws sucked, so here's hoping the pins stay put with the dab of super glue I added to them.

I also noticed what might be the next link in the chain for that stupid little cup-holder light. If I can't figure it out then I think I'll get crafty and rewire it to the cigarette lighter.

If anyone finds this trying to fix their tray here's the gist:

- You'll need a standard #2 driver with ~6" shaft. A magnetic tip and a headlamp will make it a lot easier.

- Turn yourself upside down in the drivers seat--head at the pedals

- Remove the plastic shield right above the pedals. There's one plastic knob that you turn counter-clockwise a 1/4 turn, and then there's one clip by the door towards the seat--pull straight down and the clip lets go, then the shield slides out towards the driver's seat.

- There are four screws holding the tray assembly to the dash. Two at the bottom of the assembly, two at the top. The top screw by the car door is tucked in, the others are pretty easy to find.

After the tray is out re-assemble it, adding the pins in last. I Added a drop of super glue before putting the pins through, and then tapped them all the way in with a smaller screwdriver. Reassembly is straight-forward, the magnetic screwdriver will help lots with getting that tricky screw back into its home.

· Jimbo's Cowering Employee
4,739 Posts
The cup holder light is replaceable. If you can't seem to find the fuse linked to it, then try taking the bulb out and checking it if you haven't already. I put a blue LED in there a long time ago and removed the red plastic film so it didn't come out purple. If I remember, the light just pops out with a flat head screwdriver.

And of course, stating the obvious, your headlights have to be on at least to accessories for the light to be on to check voltage. Maybe the wires themselves have come loose or corroded somewhere?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.