Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm new to the forum and I've been having some issues with fitment. Car is base model 2005 current modifications are Megan race headers DC short ram intake. My main question is have people designed a mounting bracket for the long tube headers? All of the old mounting brackets and supports have been removed. I have to say in my personal opinion from working on vehicles in the past these are some seriously crappy parts I would never buy Megan headers again or a DC intake. Some may might say the base models not even worth working on but it's what I got.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
No, and you really don't need the bracket without the cat on there. That's where most of the weight is. Cusco makes hardened rubber hangers and torque solutions makes some PU hangers if you want the piece of mind. And yes, both Megan Racing and DC Sports are on the low end of the quality spectrum. You get what you pay for. Do some reading on here, you'll find what's good and what isn't. For future reference, there is a "problems and solutions" subforum to post things like this.

·
Super Moderator
430,558 Posts
i'm sure you would find more information here (Bolt-On Basics: RSX (Base)) since this is the off topic section. over the years, everything related to the base and its mods are contained in there, you should find what you're looking for in one of the topics. i don't think anything of real importance were deleted, but it is going to take a bit of looking around and searching.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the information and link. Lots of great advice here always appreciated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts