Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What’s up guys
New to the forum
So I’m having issues with a misfire in cylinder 4
Ran a compression test and read from left to right
150,150,150 & 135
I asked a couple people and they told me that it’s not that bad of a difference
So then I moved coil packs to see if it jumped but stayed the same
Changed the spark plug and fuel injector and still no change. CEL is on and barely started flashing
What else comes after?

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
What does the code read?

·
Registered
187 Posts
The service manual states 135 as the minimum compression. Its not the compression. And if its not the plugs or coil pack, it could be something dealing with the ECU for that cylinder. Just a thought.
Paul

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Could It possibly have something to do with either conecting wires to the injector or coil??
... the CEL would come on especially after cracking VTEC
What would you recommend on checking next apart from ECU

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The service manual states 135 as the minimum compression. Its not the compression. And if its not the plugs or coil pack, it could be something dealing with the ECU for that cylinder. Just a thought.
Paul

Could It possibly have something to do with either conecting wires to the injector or coil?? ... the CEL would come on especially after cracking VTEC What would you recommend on checking next apart from ECU

·
Registered
187 Posts
Yes. It absolutely could be one of those. Thats the problem. You need a scope to see if the cylinder coil pack is actually getting a signal. OR you could just remove the coil pack for #4 cylinder, plug in a spark plug and see if you are getting a consistent spark when she is running. If not, move the coil pack to one of the other cylinders and repeat. Once confirmed one way or the other, its just a matter of going backwards to find the cause. It could even just be a dirty connection somewhere up-line.
Paul

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes. It absolutely could be one of those. Thats the problem. You need a scope to see if the cylinder coil pack is actually getting a signal. OR you could just remove the coil pack for #4 cylinder, plug in a spark plug and see if you are getting a consistent spark when she is running. If not, move the coil pack to one of the other cylinders and repeat. Once confirmed one way or the other, its just a matter of going backwards to find the cause. It could even just be a dirty connection somewhere up-line.
Paul

Okay thanks
Ill have to try it and see what the outcome is
I’ll get back to you with the results ??

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.