Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am getting my RSX back up and running after 2 years of sitting. It seemed to run well after I replaced the o2 sensor but tonight had 5 pending codes p0300-0304 for misfires. I also have an validated code of p1457 which is an egr type code that came up the other day. The car runs great when you are low RPM or low throttle but if you get on it hard it starts to stutter and have misfires. I am thinking of starting out with new spark plugs and running some seafoam through the system. Any advice on how to start running down this problem?

·
Super Moderator
23,794 Posts
if all the cylinders are miss firing I would look more towards timing and then check some other sensors like crank and cam sensors. But definitely replace the spark plugs and see how the old ones look when you pull them out.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
You run out the old gas? Seafoam is a good start as just sitting doesn't wreck sensors. I'd go with more fuel related as things don't sit well with the fuel we have now days. Alcohol attracts water and other who knows what clogging injectors or fuel filter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts