Registered
440 Posts
:cofveve:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
#Inkpot
5,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,828
lol he's much more fussy at night but I think in the spectrum we've got it pretty good. Some nights are worse than others lol
Awesome, man :fistbump:

Yeah after the surgery and the failed attempt. The drive to get on it was low
Definitely understandable, glad to hear you got it in progress again :thumbsup:

MN Chat is still going, impressive. :)
:wavey:

Pretty good, having the mountains within a 30 minute drive is nice. Got snow Sunday night, but it's all gone already.
Sounds awesome.

So having moved out there before the cannabis rush, has it gotten noticeably/significantly ridiculous with the weed heads out there?

I used to want to move as well but after the whole legalization thing, I figured anywhere I would have wanted to move would just be saturated with weed smoke. I'm probably making it a bigger deal in my mind than it is.

·
The nothing
781 Posts
Well im to the point where the mounts are holding in the motor now. Its all loose for the air tool to zip them out. Put chains on the motor and pull out. Take tranny off, mount to engine stand, tear down from there

·
Premium Member
3,085 Posts
So having moved out there before the cannabis rush, has it gotten noticeably/significantly ridiculous with the weed heads out there?

I used to want to move as well but after the whole legalization thing, I figured anywhere I would have wanted to move would just be saturated with weed smoke. I'm probably making it a bigger deal in my mind than it is.
I can't say I've ever noticed the smell of weed while around Denver. It's actually not legal to smoke in public, though I'm sure some people do. The actual problem lately is the cost of renting or buying a home. It's pretty high and wages haven't kept up. It's enough of a problem I'm thinking of moving somewhere else next year.

·
#Inkpot
5,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,832
Interesting, makes sense though.

The housing scenario makes sense too. I heard a stat that there's some thousands of people who are moving to Colorado every week.

The general aspect of Colorado seems really appealing but apparently everyone else thinks so too.

Where would you be looking next?

·
#Inkpot
5,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,834
Im on the edge of deciding to try and quick flip the audi and grab something else before winter.

I feel like winter is going to be the time to try and sell an awd manual audi. Some kid will want it despite the issues(slipping clutch, sticking combi valve).

If I can get 2k on it I should be able to get into something decent before the snow flies.

Maybe Ill post it for sale with an honest description and see what kind of hits I get.

·
Premium Member
3,085 Posts
Interesting, makes sense though.

The housing scenario makes sense too. I heard a stat that there's some thousands of people who are moving to Colorado every week.

The general aspect of Colorado seems really appealing but apparently everyone else thinks so too.

Where would you be looking next?
Dunno. Back to the Twin Cities is a possibility since my parents and siblings still live there. Other places I might like such as Oregon have the same housing problem.

·
#Inkpot
5,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,837 (Edited)
Decided to finally change the oil on the audi and diagnose the coolant leak.

Found a gaping hole in a hose and thought "Well there it is!" but now I dont think that was the culprit. The leak seems to be coming from further back behind the engine. Still not sure on the purpose of the broken hose. Its a big one, under the intake manifold and it looks like its on the other end of the fixture that the oil filter screws into. Audi work isnt fun.

I have to tear everything out to replace the hose I found, likely replace the combi valve and at that point, potentially, diagnose the specific source of the leak.

The goal is to get it to stop leaking coolant and get the check engine light to stay off for less than $200.

·
#Inkpot
5,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,839
I did a little quick searching on parts I thought I might have to replace.

I know you saw the snap of the busted hose and I guess that's just the crankcase breather hose. Ill probably just rtv it shut for the mean time bcuz :idgaf:

My problem is likely a coolant flange behind the motor. For the coolant leak problem anyways. After that I might need to replace a secondary air pump, combi valve and all the hoses and lines between them and hope that gets rid of the CEL and odd turbo behavior.

·
#RandyRacing
1,640 Posts
Fuck all that bud :feel:

Buying my truck was one of the best things ever, fist car I've had that never needs work. $300 payment was well worth it. Even when that was stretching me a little bit

1821 - 1840 of 1865 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.