Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Yeah ok
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I'm gonna go with Mobil 0W20 synthetic for my first oil change. I have been checking my current oil levels for the last couple thousands miles, and it seems clean and at the right level. Does anyone have the part number for the Mobil oil filter for the base rsx? I would appreciate it. Im just gonna buy the oil and take it in to Acura, I think he said it was like 8 bucks for the labor. My ramps are too tall and I cant get the car up on them, shit happens I guess. Anyone out there running Mobil 0W20 syntheic in their base? Hows it going so far? Appreciate comments.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Mobil1 filter M1-110 is what you need.
I'm about to switch to Mobil1 0W20 also. There are some people here who have had good results running this oil in their base.

·
Registered
609 Posts
It will work very well in your base. Just make sure that you've got at least 5000 miles before you make the switch. Since you're in Orlando and don't have to worry about winter, you could even run M1 5w-30 if you do a lot of high speed driving to give your engine a bit more protection. You should also be able to get 5000 miles out of M1 easily before having to change it again. Just keep an eye on the oil level.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I just did my 4th oil change and I used M1 0w20 and M1 filter. My butt dyno indicated that there was more low end torque (1st and 2nd gear) or maybe its from the CAI i also installed while changing oil... while changing the oil filter i noticed that M1 filter looks cheap than Fram IMO

·
likes to troubleshoot
2,539 Posts
I'm running my 2nd interval of Mobil 1 0w-20. I'm really happy with this oil. I get a little better gas mileage with it compared to M1 5w-30 and my oil analysis results looked great. I'll have an analysis on this run soon.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I run 0w20 Mobile 1 Synth. Works great. I noticed a little boost in performance and my engine ran smoother. But I change oil nearly religiously at 5,000 miles. My old oil was still perfectly clean, just getting slightly darker.

·
The enemy is among us...
427 Posts
I thought you were supposed to change oil every 3,000 miles. Or can u get more out of your oil than that?

·
Registered
609 Posts
3,000 miles is kind of an old wives tale. Most dino oils can go 5,000 fairly easily now and most synthetics can go 7500-10,000 without trouble. Used oil analysis is the only way to be sure though. No harm in changing it early, it's just more expensive.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts