Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey bay area peeps.. I am thinking of getting my turbo install done at modacar in Pleasanton for $800 which will include everything.. ECU, intercooler, turbo, BOV, gauges.... Is this a pretty good deal? Anyone ever deal with them on an install type basis? Plus will you bay area peeps take me out for a drink when I am holed up in a hotel room for 2 days? LOL...

Question on the Hondata though. I was told that the emanage will not even be installed because of the Greddy Hondata ECU flash.. Is that true? Also, Will the Greddy flash need any tuning or is it just 30+HP better than the emanage using the stiock 440cc injectors?
 

·
riiiiiiight
Joined
·
2,405 Posts
pyropete said:
Hey bay area peeps.. I am thinking of getting my turbo install done at modacar in Pleasanton for $800 which will include everything.. ECU, intercooler, turbo, BOV, gauges.... Is this a pretty good deal? Anyone ever deal with them on an install type basis? Plus will you bay area peeps take me out for a drink when I am holed up in a hotel room for 2 days? LOL...

Question on the Hondata though. I was told that the emanage will not even be installed because of the Greddy Hondata ECU flash.. Is that true? Also, Will the Greddy flash need any tuning or is it just 30+HP better than the emanage using the stiock 440cc injectors?
No you NEED the e-manage with the hondata greddy REFLASH...the only way you could eliminate the e-manage is if you went with the k-pro...when you buy the hondata greddy flash you get your ECU AND your E-manage reflashed to work together and therefore need both...

there will be no tuning required...
 

·
DC5 to AP2
Joined
·
2,421 Posts
Modacar will probably install your turbo with duct tape and bailing wire. They probably won't actually get started until you hassle them for a week or two, either.

If there's one shop in the Bay Area to avoid, you've found it. Just ask around (or search) in the Nor Cal section here.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nossy said:
No you NEED the e-manage with the hondata greddy REFLASH...the only way you could eliminate the e-manage is if you went with the k-pro...when you buy the hondata greddy flash you get your ECU AND your E-manage reflashed to work together and therefore need both...

there will be no tuning required...

modacar didn't say anythign about the emanage and the hondata flash, but another shop in San Jose said not to even bring the emanage.. Hmmm, k.. Well I know who I am going to go with then.. Yeh, $800 and they will have my car for 2 days.. Im not sure if I will drop it off and drive back to sac, or just stay at some dank place in the bay area. :dontknow:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeh.. the hondata guy wasnt in for modacar, but they guy that was there told me that from what he knew that the flash with the emanage was already tuned.. there were minor things to do, but with the hondata flas, all the maps were there already tuned well for 7psi.

If I was to go with the K-pro, and upped the boost I would need tuning.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
pyropete said:
yeh.. the hondata guy wasnt in for modacar, but they guy that was there told me that from what he knew that the flash with the emanage was already tuned.. there were minor things to do, but with the hondata flas, all the maps were there already tuned well for 7psi.

If I was to go with the K-pro, and upped the boost I would need tuning.
just dont pay the guy till ur setup is done. damn 2 days? :dontknow: i dont kno about that 1.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
419 Posts
you can get it installed at my friends shop in milpitas..hes really reliable and helped me out when i had my turbo..750 for the install..you can give him a call and talk to him you'll be pleased

Blacktrax.net
408-946-2900 Ask for Jei
 

·
I see what you did there
Joined
·
12,635 Posts
hondata and greddy working together now?
 

·
Tarmac meister
Joined
·
5,640 Posts
ryan34o said:
you can get it installed at my friends shop in milpitas..hes really reliable and helped me out when i had my turbo..750 for the install..you can give him a call and talk to him you'll be pleased

Blacktrax.net
408-946-2900 Ask for Jei
talked to Jei before, cool guy knows his shit.....

blacktrax over modacar anyday........ :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
ryan34o

wassup ryan34o, care to let me hop in that baby to see how that beast feels like? Cuz i'm from the bay area and would like to feel how it is so i could make a decision.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
419 Posts
i actually dont have a turbo rsx anymore =T i blew my motor
 

·
I see what you did there
Joined
·
12,635 Posts
wtf. with cybernations? how
 

·
Murderator
Joined
·
13,398 Posts
people are already blowing up their cars....:shakehead I am scared now!
 

·
I see what you did there
Joined
·
12,635 Posts
Arcticblue said:
people are already blowing up their cars....:shakehead I am scared now!

the only thing i fear about boost is reliability, carb, and blowing up my engine... for the people blowing up their motors cant u just buy a new one? turbo still good right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
419 Posts
lol..i boosted my rsx a while back and i just went out on a cold night while i was tuned for warm weather and decided to take up a trans am when he called me out..i blew my motor a long time ago but i still love to come troll the boards :laughing:
 

·
I see what you did there
Joined
·
12,635 Posts
so you gotta retune it everytime the damn weather changes?
 

·
Murderator
Joined
·
13,398 Posts
ryan34o said:
lol..i boosted my rsx a while back and i just went out on a cold night while i was tuned for warm weather and decided to take up a trans am when he called me out..i blew my motor a long time ago but i still love to come troll the boards :laughing:

:dontknow: Thats a weird problem...that should not have happened if you live in the bay area. The tempature changes are not extreme enough.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
419 Posts
Arcticblue said:
:dontknow: Thats a weird problem...that should not have happened if you live in the bay area. The tempature changes are not extreme enough.
it was extreme enough for my motor to blow..that night it was very cold and i was tuned in pretty hot daytime weather
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top