Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive a base auto rsx, and ive been doin some research and i narrowed it down to these so far: DC Sports Ceramic 4-2-1 Header, Injen Cold Air Intake, Injen Short Ram Intake. whaddya ya all think? any other ideas?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Those are the exact mods that i want to do this spring. I don't know that much but I know that these are good things to start off with. Also, you are not getting into anything that expensive.

·
Registered
811 Posts
hey i have a desert silver base auto and a dc sports 4-2-1 header too. Not sure on the gains but you should get a race header instead. Good gains from what i have heard.

·
Registered
145 Posts
everyone bashes the shorty header..i'm mean yea they don't get as good of gains as a race header but you gotta remeber some people would like to keep their car street legal and pass emission....i have the shorty and i felt better gains once i got the exhaust

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
where could i find a race header that would fit the auto base?? and no i dont have an exhaust... do i need one??

·
:P \|/
692 Posts
yea, if it rains alot you should get the comptech icebox, no hydrolocking etc. and i would recommend getting an exhaust, i think its just better to have one than not, i dunno..

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
naw it doesnt rain much at all over here. but like what kind of exhaust would i be able to get if i did the mods i mentioned at the beginning of the topic?

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
wait so would a type s race header fit fine? like could i get a type s race header, and a type s exhaust that would be all i need?? or would i have to do other stuff to get that to work?

·
TRD Taco
8,972 Posts
kurdtkobain87 said:
wait so would a type s race header fit fine? like could i get a type s race header, and a type s exhaust that would be all i need?? or would i have to do other stuff to get that to work?
This will elminate your cat. converter unless you weld one in there. If you do get a CEL, than get an 02 simulator as well.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol man on second thougth i think i will just go with mods that dont require too much extra work. do you all think it is worth it to go with the three mods i mentioned earlier??

·
Registered
656 Posts
fatcircles said:
yea, if it rains alot you should get the comptech icebox, no hydrolocking etc. and i would recommend getting an exhaust, i think its just better to have one than not, i dunno..
Icebox won't fit on an automatic. If he wants an aftermarket air box, he'll have to go Mugen.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
marvelous. well than that is first on the list i suppose :). injen or aem?? but yeah man i would like to get a type-s header and a type-s exhaust soooo bad. i just wanna do like completely safe mods, i dont wanna throw a turbo in my car or ne thing like that.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts