Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 180 Posts

·
Rigid Member
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EDIT: See the update on page seven to read about the Russian who spent 26k to take this car home with him!

I've been on this board for a little over a year. I've finished the exterior on my car and thought I'd post a few photos of the progression of my car.

Here is how I got it from the dealer (except for the red outs and 20% tint). I shoudn't have bought those rims, OEM spoiler, mudflaps or that sunroof spoiler. They're for sale in my sale thread-- but I'm hanging onto the OEM spoiler for now.

I bought the A-Spec parts (Front and rear lips, A-Spec suspension, interior trim, A-spec Badge and shiftknob) off e-bay and had my dealer install them to preserve the warranty. I didn't like the A-spec rims so I bought some 18" Ronjon Servos and wrapped them in Khumo ASX 235/40/18's. I had the fogs installed at the same time.

Next I removed the spoiler and shaved the wiper.

I really liked the spoiler free look, but felt that the car needed some black in the rear to balance out the CF hood and those spoiler holes would have cost about as much to get fixed. I wanted a lower wing, but couldn't find anything I liked in CF. I went with a Seibon Type R CF wing:

Here are some pics of other mods as they were added. I'll add more as I add mods.
One of the first things I did was pull out the Bose system and put in a mp3/satellite HU and a REAL subwoofer. I'm sure there will be a better iPod interface soon--- but for now I had to make my own solution. I installed an iPod dock in the tray above the drink holder.

I had the A-spec parts already pictured above installed next, with the exception of the shift knob-- replaced it with the Team Voodoo countersunk knob. The next thing to fix was the headlights. I had RSX-CT retrofit some GREAT HID's for me. It was a pain in the ass to pull the lights (and to drive around without them for about a week), but it was worth it in the end. They really are a safety enhancement on the highway at night. I tried some halo lights as well:

·
Rigid Member
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
They really weren't working for me for various reasons. I went ahead with the HID's with CCFL angel eyes.

The cutoff with the highbeams on:

I decided that I didn't like the spoiler and pulled it off. I tried to cover up the holes:

That really didn't work, so I tried getting the trunk covered in vinyl. I had the hood done as well. This was a the suggestion of my mechanic and a "auto asthetician"-- both of whom had nothing to gain from me purchasing vinyl from a third party:

As you can see, this was a complete disaster. I had it removed immediately. This is what the car looked like at this point:

I had the opprotunity to swap a VIS CF hood with painted sides for my hood and some cash and jumped on it:

·
Rigid Member
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I dremeled larger holes for the washer nozzles and painted them black.(If you have some black ones for sale, then PM me!) I did a crummy paint job:

WTF! Warranty/schmarranty--- I had a Hondata IMG gasket and Comptech Icebox installed, then picked up a JRRH with a Carsound Cat welded into the test pipe from a fellow CRSX'er. I sent my ECU off (via CRSX) to have K-Pro installed and then had Jim at Motorvations tune it with the CAI calibration:

I finished off the engine mods with a DC Sports Twin Cannister system I picked up from another CRSX'er:

I threw in a couple of 4 inch CCFL tubes for fun: (Hey! every diet needs a little rice.)
UPDATED 8.19.06: These pics are of RSX-CT's voltage stabilized CCFL's that I used to replace the Ozium ccfl's that kept burning up. They are wired to come on with the door actuated dome light. They are NOT anywhere near as bright as they appear in this pic. (Notice how BRIGHT the head unit is as well.) I'm not a good enough photographer to be able to capture these as they appear to our eyes.

And topped it off with a CF Type R spoiler:

I've had a lot of fun working on this and feel that the exterior is finished. I have a few plans for some electronic toys but will have to make some money to get these done. Every time I think that I'm finished, I see something else I'd like to do!

UPDATE 1.29.06:

I couldn't leave it alone. I took many peep's suggestion of painting the wing sides:

·
Rigid Member
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Next, I color matched the fogs, and changed the lower grill from Grill Tech to Grill Craft:

Next project: Clear side markers-- and then I'm through. Well, except for painting the bumper scallop black. :eek:

UPDATE 6.13.06:
EDIT: I've put in some clear sidemarkers, had vinyl put on the bumper scallop, better vinyl on the dot matrix, ITR rear sway, magnetic drain bolts; added a Neuspeed X-Brace, Neuspeed Front Strut Bar, and Neuspeed Rear Lower Tie Bar, ITR Rear Floor Bar, and Megan C-Pillar bar. I know better than to say "I'm finished"!

I didn't have anything to do with taking these. I took a road trip to Deal's Gap. There are several photogs there who take photo's of those who come through and post them for sale on the web.
Here is a link to the photographers site: http://www.dragonslayerphotos.com/

UPDATE 8.19.06:
Added an Ingall's Rear Camber Kit (Dealer: "a-spec SS doesn't need a camber kit." Yeah, RIGHT!) Also blacked out the tailights with some vinyl I got off of e-bay:

·
No, mine's bigger.
644 Posts
Looks real good. I wish I could keep my car that clean :( . Todd made me a pair of retro-fitted headlamps also (got them back on Friday). I can't wait to get those on my car this week! I also really like your wheels, overall really nice! :thumbsup:

·
Regulator
23,483 Posts
It looks like you have a dent in your hood

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
Paint the outside-sides of the a-spec wing white, that would looks sooo sweet with the way the cf hood is painted.

·
I'll never fall in line
2,069 Posts
Lightning said:
Paint the outside-sides of the a-spec wing white, that would looks sooo sweet with the way the cf hood is painted.
I like that idea, leave the center section CF. But overall very nice and clean job on the car. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
i like your car. its different but it looks really good. good job

·
Registered
87 Posts
the cf/white theme looks hot. only suggestion would to paint the sides of the wing white and leave the cross bar cf or all white and a strip along the edge of the cross bar cf. imo it accents the car better and not to overbearing :) :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 180 Posts