Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
nice truck, I had no idea that you had gotten hit, how is an 87 younger than an 86? or it is another vehicle you are referring to?

·
DRVSLW
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those tires look sick, and the car looks very clean, especially for being 23 years old!
thanks! it's actually in really good shape for how old it is. it's never been hit, have less than 1% body rust, and it's in my favorite color.

nice truck, I had no idea that you had gotten hit, how is an 87 younger than an 86? or it is another vehicle you are referring to?
the '86 was a year older than this '87..that's all. :D

·
I LURK
879 Posts
Mitsu love! BTW that thing is fuckin sick!!!!

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
needs a evo motor.......I know where you can get one from a evo X up in VT.......:D

·
Registered
49 Posts
I like your style. Also, regarding motor swaps I found this information on a goodgle search, http://www.carparts21.com/engine-drivetrain/internal-engine-parts/how-feasible-is-it-to-swap-a-6g72-engine-in-a-91-montero-with-a-completely-different-motor-partsmoney-wise/

"Well the problem is the Montero’s V6 is a really small motor
The engine bay on them is also pretty limiting.

Your best bet would be to find a V6 from another Mitsubishi since most Mitsubishi cars share the same harness/base parts for their motors.

I do know that the 4g63 bolts right up to a Montero.

That would be a 4cylinder however if you could find some wrecked GSX Eclipse or TSI Talon or RS Turbo Laser and pull the motor, you’d have a turbocharged 4cylinder getting good gas mileage and putting out around 250 horsepower with a little bit of tuning."

·
ep3 love
16 Posts
I like your style. Also, regarding motor swaps I found this information on a goodgle search, http://www.carparts21.com/engine-drivetrain/internal-engine-parts/how-feasible-is-it-to-swap-a-6g72-engine-in-a-91-montero-with-a-completely-different-motor-partsmoney-wise/

"Well the problem is the Montero’s V6 is a really small motor
The engine bay on them is also pretty limiting.

Your best bet would be to find a V6 from another Mitsubishi since most Mitsubishi cars share the same harness/base parts for their motors.

I do know that the 4g63 bolts right up to a Montero.

That would be a 4cylinder however if you could find some wrecked GSX Eclipse or TSI Talon or RS Turbo Laser and pull the motor, you’d have a turbocharged 4cylinder getting good gas mileage and putting out around 250 horsepower with a little bit of tuning."
What he said...

Also, your truck is killer man. Wish I was up there hitching a board ride to the mtn in that thing! :chuck:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts