Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Go Captain Slow
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all just joined the site but I ain't a noob mechanic, I work in the US Military fixing diesel engines and all that other crap. If you know what a Jenny or NC-10 is you know the horror stories, but I don't have much experience with gas combustions. I was stationed in Japan for two years and came very close to getting an Integra Type R (so much fun to drive by the way) but of course the military is a bunch of dicks and said if I bought the car I'd have to ship it back and convert it to US standards myself because it wasn't on their approved list for cars or something. So yeah gay. So I came back and bought an RSX base because all the S types I found were either too far away, too much money for too many miles and blah blah you know the sob story. So I love my car still fun to drive (you get that I'm The Shit feeling) but I want more out of it. I'm hesitant to trade it in because I got such a great deal on it! 12k for auto 05' with 30k miles, what a deal! I payed cash upfront so it is payed for. I'm also stuck with it for a while. I'm saying is there a way to get at least another 40hp out of my car without a turbo (auto can't handle very well obviously) without having to drop 4 grand? I just want a nice even 200hp so it is still reliable but also more fun to drive. If you know a post or thread that answers this post a link, if not any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

·
Go Captain Slow
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
What we call in the military "THE BIG GREEN WEENY" my friend. The thing that constantly fucks you over no matter what. They had some sort of list of cars that we were allowed to ship back, Type R wasn't on it so they wouldn't ship it back for me, I'd have to do it on my own and on top of that convert it to US standards and just couldn't afford it. Too expensive. Then I had only two weeks to find a car and this is the best I could find. I know it sucks ass and I bang my head everyday against a spike ridden wall because of it.

·
Vrooom
214 Posts
sell it and get a type s. it's the cheapest way to upgrade in power. plus you need to get a manual to have any fun with a rsx

·
Jimbo's Cowering Employee
4,131 Posts
12k for that iono man sound alot to me
QFT. You could have gotten a decent Type-S for that price. How far away is too far? I'm sure you have at least one friend that wouldn't mind taking a day trip.

Since you have the base auto now, you could try and find a k20a or a2 with tranny and ecu to swap in. k20a=ITR motor, k20a2=02-04 RSX Type-S motor. Would be a couple grand, but still cheaper than a turbo. You'll still run into the problem of handling vs the ITR. A base would not compare at all. You gotta do suspension to get that same feeling too.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Idk, I think you paid too much for that car.

As stated before you really do need a Manual Trans to enjoy it, and type-s > base....k20 = :love: :vtec: :weeeeeeeeee: :thumbsup: :stop: :run: :pray: :stop: :ninja: :beerchug:

okay enough fun with the smilies, basically, if you want more HP out of it still, I/H/E Kpro (again as stated before) although if you can get a K20 or K24 swap, i'd opt for that.

·
Go Captain Slow
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I also want to do an RSX to Integra conversion but I don't want to do it unless I can replace everything- emblems on car and steering wheel, door sills, carpet ect. I know most people think it's dumb ( no type r emblems obviously because that would be gay because it's stock.) but I lived there in Japan for two years, call it a sentimental thing; a reminder of good times in Tokyo and Okinawa :beerchug:. I already know where to get the emblems for car and the sills, but I can't find anything for the steering wheel. I also really like how the Type R red honda emblems look, but I don't want to be mistaken for a poser or even worse a fucking ricer. Should I just get stock version instead?

·
Banned
4,087 Posts
icbmotorsports.com and passwordjdm.com

icb is hit or miss with parts tho. They will have a supply of type R door panels in red and blue one day then next they're gone.

TS I have never personally ordered from either of these sites I'd check around as I know many members recommend them

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
icbmotorsports.com and passwordjdm.com

icb is hit or miss with parts tho. They will have a supply of type R door panels in red and blue one day then next they're gone.

TS I have never personally ordered from either of these sites I'd check around as I know many members recommend them
icb is good, got my front type s badge from them (previous owner had the rear one, I just had to get the front one, OCD-ness)

speaking of which, my car is currently an Acura Type S lol

Acura badge, Acura (where integra would be) and the JDM type s

don't know what to do, don't feel like doing anything so it's just like :dontknow:

·
Jimbo's Cowering Employee
4,131 Posts
icbmotorsports.com aka www.jdmland.com is a great site. I bought some blue interior parts from the used section and couldn't be happier. The floor mats, door panels, and rear seats were all nearly mint. They've got the ITR steering wheel. I wouldn't say that red emblems would be poser, but more JDM fan boy. I personally dont like them. I think the Integra Type-S H badges are cleaner.

·
Go Captain Slow
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Not really plausible to get a type s not considering I looked and most have too many miles for too much money. I'll just wait and do an engine/ trans swap later down the road. I'm stuck with this car for now for at least 3 years I just can't afford to trade it in.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts