Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my overheating issue is now fixed....now for a new problem

my car needs to be tuned due to my new stg 2 cams so knocking happens. I have my CEL flash whenever motor knocks

while i'm driving between 1-4k, its fine
but after 4k, a CEL comes on and goes on limp mode. However, kpro is not reading the error code that is thrown by the cell. When the car goes below 4k, CEL disappears and everything is back to normal. This is throughout all 6 gears.

Is my car on limp mode because of my knock sensor, I.E. my a/f ration is bad (due to lack of tuning) after 4K or can it be for a different reason? Please help

·
Car Is Sold!
6,315 Posts
Are you sure you don't have limp mode checked in the parameters?

·
She dirty
2,741 Posts
i'm by NO Means a tech guru... but lets think about this. cams give you more high end power (respectfully), and you are knocking in the high rev range, and you are not tuned... c'mon now.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i'm by NO Means a tech guru... but lets think about this. cams give you more high end power (respectfully), and you are knocking in the high rev range, and you are not tuned... c'mon now.
im thinking that as well...

my only worry was that there was another underlying issue. I wouldn't want to bring my car to a tuner for him to just say "hey, your car is still in limp mode"

Anyone with technical knowledge have any hypothesis about this subject?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
planning to have my car tuned next week...hope it fixes my issue

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.