Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Ex-Mod
25,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i am thinking about ordering teh Mister Jung HID kits, (7000k). I know some of you have ordered them, just wondering how you would rate the products? Any problems with them, how long you had them, ease of install, and how the 7000k actualy looks after warm up? The reason i am looking at the Jung HID's cuz of the price, obviously. I did the search, and read all the posts that came up, but they were dated back in Nov of last year, just want to get a current update on his products. Thanks guys!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Oct '01 OG!
4,463 Posts
I have helped to install the MisterJung kit, not the 7000k but the 7500 but the install will be the same.

It's very easy since you aren't given anything to ground it with so it's just plug and play and if you want you can mount the ballasts underneath the lights.

They are very bright and the 7000k from the pics I've seen are very very very did i say very white with a slight hint of purple..

·
Ex-Mod
25,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet, thanks allenP!

·
Ex-Mod
25,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WarmPepsi, have you heard of anyone with the Mister Jung HID kits that have fried their harness? Please elaborate on this. Thanks.

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
no i haven't, i'm kinda waitin on the first one. i've heard of fried rsx harnesses from bulbs, but not from a hid kit. if you search around, this topic has been explained a dozen times, but basically the 'jung kits have no ground or hot wire to the battery. meaning you're pulling that 15 amps through your stock wiring, when it wasn't designed to pull near that. you need that 15 to light the bulb, and then the current draw goes down to around 2 amps. the difference with the XD harness that i have.... it pulls the amps to light the bulb off the battery, or wherever you connect it... this means the 15 amps ( xd actually pulls 20 amps on lighting ) doesn't go through the stock wiring. only the small 2 amps to keep the lights going does.

hope that wasn't too confusing, but there are many other more detailed explanations floating around in active threads. :thumbsup:

·
Ex-Mod
25,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah i did the search, but didnt find anything about fired harnesses. Thanks for the info. I am wondering if the power and ground leads can be spliced directly the posl. and neg. terminals of the battery? Hmm,,, something to think about.

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
supposedly some place is selling harnesses for $30 each that plug into the hella ballasts :dontknow: but by the time you do that, you're 455 or somethin without shippin, and xd was 465..... so go figure :thumbsup:

G

·
YOu won't fry your harness. Don't worry. I've put in 3 sets of HIDs that use the stock wiring harness. Installation was a piece of cake, and the first one I did was over a year ago, no probs.

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
it's not that it's any harder to install one with a harness, unless you're iffy with touching a battery positive lead.

anyways, if this is the route ya go, good luck, hit us back if the unmentionable happens. :wavey:

G

·
WarmPepsi said:
it's not that it's any harder to install one with a harness, unless you're iffy with touching a battery positive lead.

anyways, if this is the route ya go, good luck, hit us back if the unmentionable happens. :wavey:
You have a point there, I'm just saying in terms of time and for people who aren't very good with electrical wiring......it may be beneficial...

·
Ex-Mod
25,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am gonna go with the Mister Jung, just cuz of the price. I dont think its any cheaper quality then the XD's.

·
Ex-Mod
25,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
MilanoRedTypeS said:
You have a point there, I'm just saying in terms of time and for people who aren't very good with electrical wiring......it may be beneficial...
I am pretty inclined with electrical wiring on cars, been doing it for almost 8 years. If i had to wire it directly to the batter terminals, i would.

G

·
TypeS Jay said:
I am pretty inclined with electrical wiring on cars, been doing it for almost 8 years. If i had to wire it directly to the batter terminals, i would.
I'm not implying that you aren't electrically inclned lol, but not only is the MR JUNG kit easier to install, it will look cleaner as well, as there will be no extra wires... just my $0.02

BTW good choice on the kit.

·
Ex-Mod
25,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks.

·
Registered
491 Posts
You guys just to be safe can pick up an auxillary wiring harness, just like the ones they use for fog/driving lamps for about 20$
or even cheaper....
Its not that hard! Its just a relay, some wires.... and thats it!

·
Ex-Mod
25,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I will be soon.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts