Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm hoping to use some of the motoiq EP3 suspension/handling mods on my DC5. Looking for a mild 1.5-2" drop The current suspension (koni/lowering springs) is shot, and I'll be replacing with the following:

-tein flex z with factory camber plates
-energy suspension coil spring isolator (front only; rear already has them)
-buddy club roll centre ball joints
-whiteline KCA424 caster correction LCA front bushing
-whiteline KCA368 rear upper control arm outer bushing (camber adj)
-shg slider

Considering getting hardrace adjustable tie rod ends (7183) and rear upper control arms. Maybe rear LCAs for stiffness. But I'd rather not spend more $$$ unless necessary. Your thoughts?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Are you using the car for track or is it just a daily to work and back? My suggestion is to upgrade one thing at a time so you can really feel the positive effects. Then when you feel ready to push the car harder, upgrade the next thing. That way you can figure out what works better for you.

motoiq did a great write-up but I think it’s pointless if you don’t track the car. Just like how some go rigid collar or spherical bearing on everything on the car, pretty pointless if you don’t track the car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Appreciate the response. Thing is the car is low miles, but it bottoms out super hard over everything, due to the missing bump stops and garbage koni/lowering spring setup. Not safe, and no fun on anything but glassy roads

The parts I have already are to get some drop. And the ancillary parts are to improve the legendary bad front suspension/steering issues, that are made worse by lowering.

I'll probably get the tie rod ends, as they "go with" the extended ball joints. Maybe hunt for lcas and rear camber kit, and sways in classifieds.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Definitely get the car safe to drive first. You're forgetting tires are one of the best mods too. Tire pressure affects handling a lot too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts