Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my motor mounts front right drive is ripped is there anyway oem like replacement mounts that you guys would recommend? i was thinking motor mount inserts but i hear i will get vibration at idle and also seems all aftermarket ones will give me vibration as well just seeing what would u guys suggest. my car is basically stock with intake and kpro and coilovers. Thanks :)

·
Registered
207 Posts
I just installed Hasport 62a mounts rear and passenger side motor mount, I HATE it just to much for a DD! I'm doing research on Hardrace mounts now. There oem mounts with harder rubber.

·
Master DIY'er in training
1,630 Posts
I just installed Hasport 62a mounts rear and passenger side motor mount, I HATE it just to much for a DD! I'm doing research on Hardrace mounts now. There oem mounts with harder rubber.
What's bad about it?

·
Registered
207 Posts
What's bad about it?
I'm old!!! And the vibrations sucks! And don't let me get started on the noise!!!! Sounded like I was riding on top of the engine! There for sale btw 225 shipped!

Great for race car/ not good for girlfriend or old people/

·
1,630 Posts
I'm old!!! And the vibrations sucks! And don't let me get started on the noise!!!! Sounded like I was riding on top of the engine! There for sale btw 225 shipped!

Great for race car/ not good for girlfriend or old people/
Haha I'm good. I'm going with innovations mounts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Haha I'm good. I'm going with innovations mounts
wait a minute...so you recommended it first without actually having it yourself??? lol

let me clear it up a bit "won't vibrate too bad" is a term that may mean one thing to you, and another thing to someone else.
to someone who doesnt like unnecessary noise and extreme vibration...yes it will vibrate...REAL BAD!
I an on 60a Avid mounts and as much as i like the sporty response and extra pull, i absolutely hate the feeling of giving someone a ride (my parents for example) and having to explain to them that my car isnt broken, it just feels like that cuz im an idiot.

on another note, to anyone who cares, when replacing mounts, you generally dont want to mix and match oem rubber mounts and poly mounts. either get all rubber or all poly. for example, if your pass side gummy mount blows out (verry common) do not go and replace it with a poly mount because that poly mount will do detrimental damage to the rest of your oem mounts, and real quick too. your motor will actually be jerking sideways instead of back and forth.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
basically ya my front side is rip i m looking for oem like replacement so oem rubber like is tehre any aftermarket OEM like? i seen some on ebay what do u guys think?

·
1,630 Posts

·
Speedooo
555 Posts
I have the innovative street mounts ("oem" replacement). If you don't like vibrations, just buy stock mounts. Pretty much any poly mount is going to make your car rattle. I came from hasport 85a's in my eg so the innovatives don't really bother me but they are pretty stiff compared to stock mounts.

·
Booyaaaaaahhh
92 Posts
Get the Innovative 60a's I went all out and got the kit and the front mount best decision of my life... they are the perfect balance between handling and dd And definitely one of the first things to do when upgrading your rideeeee

·
Registered
280 Posts
Yes, I'm bringing this back from the dead. Lots of info in here; I'm looking to replace the motor mounts on the 04 I bought 3 months ago (I know of one bad one, so I figure that it's only a matter of time til the others go).

Looked at all of the poly versions, and with this being my DD for at least the next several years, I'm not wild about the poly options (though they are prettier :love). Right now, my plans are just bolt ons, maybe the Hondata chip, RSX Type S rear sway, new wheels, etc - about the normal for a DD+ setup.

So I'm thinking that either OEM or Hardrace would probably be the best for me. Am I on the right track here? Looked at the Vibratechnics thread, and not sure that they're much different than the usual poly suspects.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just installed the hardrace oe style 4pc mounts . There great , i feel a good deal of improvement with just the slightest vibration, very mild yet you can feel a difference . Iv notice that now the cabin noise seems to be alittle louder but other then that im glad i went with them.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. :thumbsup:

Just have to figure out if it's worth it to have even that much little bump in vibrations / noise on a daily driver. Though I guess I could also think about the savings overall on a Hardrace kit for $350 vs. OEM, which I would guess would be somewhat more for all four pieces.

Did you buy it on buyhardrace or were you able to get it for cheaper?
EDIT: Never mind; ordered the Vibratechnics (made out of vibranium, apparently - hopefully the name is the worst part about them) ones. Should be on the car in a couple of weeks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts