Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been contemplating on upgrading my stock OEM motor mounts with either Energy Suspension inserts, purchase Avid full motor mounts, or fill in stock OEM motor mounts with urethane for a cheaper route over full motor mounts. Does anyone have any input or tips on which route is best to go?
Cliffs:
1) Want to replace stock OEM motor mounts
2) ESSM inserts, Avid full mounts, or urethane filled stock OEM mounts
3) Which is best route to go?

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
not a big fan of the inserts, hard inserts+soft rubber=cut up motor mounts.

·
Brewer, Patriot.
107 Posts
I went with innovated street mounts 60a(I replace all 4 not just the front)

It gives me some extra vibration in low rpm (under 1200) aside from that it's comfortable and the engine feels more responsive.

If you want no vibration, Hard rubber, or just replacement oem mounts would be best.

Filling the mounts with Urethane, and putting them back would probably work well, but that's a lot of downtime for the car.

There are lots of harder Shore ratings for Urethane mounts, and if it's not a daily driver, you could always go 75a or even 80a. But your teeth will rattle.

·
Potatos are delicious
801 Posts
i have the innovative 70 or 75a (i can never remember, their black lol) track motor mounts and love love love them and i daily drive the car.

*edit* plus with the top passenger side mount has the nice billet arm for a clean look.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i didnt think of that really until now

If I had the money I would go for a avid motor mount
i have been contemplating it for awhile. i want a mixed hardness set up if i do get avids

I went with innovated street mounts 60a(I replace all 4 not just the front)

It gives me some extra vibration in low rpm (under 1200) aside from that it's comfortable and the engine feels more responsive.

If you want no vibration, Hard rubber, or just replacement oem mounts would be best.

Filling the mounts with Urethane, and putting them back would probably work well, but that's a lot of downtime for the car.

There are lots of harder Shore ratings for Urethane mounts, and if it's not a daily driver, you could always go 75a or even 80a. But your teeth will rattle.
i've heard of the innovative being a real let down or get mixed reviews from many people over the internet, but avids have been a huge uprising lately over the past year so i want to give the "best bang" for my buck a try first

i have the innovative 70 or 75a (i can never remember, their black lol) track motor mounts and love love love them and i daily drive the car.

*edit* plus with the top passenger side mount has the nice billet arm for a clean look.
i dont mind any hardness i dont think i will go over 75A though because it is my DD, but i do want to stiffen things up for potential autoX events i might be interested in

·
Registered
37 Posts
o crap i didnt think about that either and went ahead and already bought them...could i glue the rubber to make it harder before i put in the inserts?

is there anyway i can still use the inserts and not worry about the tearing?

sounds like energy suspension sucks for dd...

hardened rubber is the way to go for daily driving

·
Brewer, Patriot.
107 Posts
i've heard of the innovative being a real let down or get mixed reviews from many people over the internet, but avids have been a huge uprising lately over the past year so i want to give the "best bang" for my buck a try first
They've been ok to me. I would imagine Avids being very similar.

Perhaps just change the front mount first, and then see if you want to keep going with whatever material and hardness you decide.

·
Registered
678 Posts
im on 60a avid mounts. just the 3, no front. car is louder and vibrates a lot more than stock...no matter what anyone else tells you...even if its 60a (the softest option)...car will be significantly rattlier at low end, particularly 1st gear engagement.
overall im used to it and the response is great. 0% engine movement and i can spin tires hitting third sometimes and im on 17s.

·
Master DIY'er in training
1,630 Posts
im on 60a avid mounts. just the 3, no front. car is louder and vibrates a lot more than stock...no matter what anyone else tells you...even if its 60a (the softest option)...car will be significantly rattlier at low end, particularly 1st gear engagement.
overall im used to it and the response is great. 0% engine movement and i can spin tires hitting third sometimes and im on 17s.
0% for 60a then how mich does it not move with 75a or 80a? I think I'm going with 75a. My car rattles and stiff as fuck already so why not lol

·
CIVICes1
186 Posts
I had innovative mounts on my old civic with a D series , and stiffness was ok , at first there really stiff , but after a few weeks , engine sits down pretty well and is less stiff, but vibrations are still there , SPECIALLY WHEN UR A/C IS ON . but I didn't mind the stiffness, it actually feels like a different car, u can feel and somewhat hear the tuorque a bit different ! in my opinion and personal preference I would go with Racing mounts over anything anyday! ftw!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts