Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big problem the last few times at the track. I have been assuming this is my clutch but now I am having second thoughts...here it goes: I launch hard slipping the clutch from 5500. I hit bomb as 60' times 2.0X~2.1X, then the car totaly powers down from around 6000 all the way to 8000 were it suddenly grabs, engages, whatever and shoots to red line... I thought that the clutch was slipping but I dont hear the motor revving up durring the pause. The feeling is sort of like the motor retards timming by 100 Degrees for those 2000~2500 rpms after the launch, it revs up that slow (about 4 tenths or so)... This is a real problem and I cant get the good times till it is fixed... is it the clutch? Does any one else have anything like this? Please assist!!!

·
Sold My baby!! :(
1,441 Posts
The only time mine did this is when V-tec wasn't engaging in first gear and it fell on it's face until it kicked in at about 6000 RPM's and took off. That is when I discovered I was low on oil. I filled it up and haven't been having any trouble since.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jsfwds2k you are the SHIT!!!!!! Just checked the oil on your advice...2 quarts low. Filled her up and my car is pulling hard as ever! I appriciate is soooo much dog!!!

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Me to!!! what were your times w/ the problem and w/o the problem? I am thinking at the very least 2 tenths in the 1/8th mile

·
Sold My baby!! :(
1,441 Posts
actually I only raced on the 1/8 th when it happened. But to answer your question I ran probably 2-3 tenths faster like a 9.7 to a 9.4 maybe. It was on two different times of day(day and night and different weather conditions so I don't know exactly. I am sure at least .2 of a second though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts