Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Halolcat Crew
10,906 Posts
I will have to edit the link as it directs into a dead body, which is against the rules. However, I would like to copy/paste a post from that particular thread. Also, here is the first pic that shows no gore, but can get an idea of what damage it did to the rider. Also, if you are very interested in seeing you, you can check in properties what the hyperlink points to.

synopsis: guy was riding, to be found by evidence, over 120mph on an interestate. Slams into the back of a truck and is prounounced dead.

I am an AVID speed bike rider, AND I work in the ER where I am constantly saving people from stupidity (be it from their actions or others)

I can say with honsety that myself and another Doc I work with would go riding alot and would open up our bikes for the thrill, BUT this would be in areas without traffic or that are reasonable for what we are doing. When riding you have to respect the bike, respect your ability to ride it, and respect the idiots you are on the road with because as smart as you think they will be, they wont.

This person, though fully leathered up and having body armor on, was stupid enough to ride at this speed at night when vision decreases and so do your ability to react. Also, it looks like he was surprised since it looks like he didnt try to put the bike down, but went straight into the truck, which isnt something anyone who knows how to ride would do. Possibly he was over riding this bike (well most likely as evident). So this is a prime example of rider stupidity.

Now it is possible that the truck pulled out in front of this rider (ignore the fact that he was travelling at such an excess of speed), which sadly I can say is an occurance that happens often. I see people pull out in front of me constantly and this is as I am obeying every posted rule, limit and then some. People see the bike with lights on (even during the day) and some how become stupid to the fact that even though it isnt a car, it IS a vehicle and pull right out in front of it. Plenty of times I am just cruising on the interstate and have had people look over their shoulder right at me on my bike and pull over on top of me. This is an example of others stupidity.

I am surprised in that the bike wasnt in more of a shredded condition with a hit that hard. It looks like the rider didnt suffer much since most likely he broke his neck and made mashed potatoes out of his brain in his head, since there isnt alot of trauma or blood at the scene.

Either way it is scary to see this happen or anything else I work on, but it doesnt totally turn me off to riding.
Given this is a great reason why people who ride need to be thinking 6 steps ahead of everything since they dont know what will happen and have to respect all that can happen

·
Meow?
3,940 Posts
Let this be a warning to idiots:

If you are an idiot and get yourself killed, not only are you going to be hanging out of the back of a truck by your head, but you're going to pee your pants.

·
baby buffett
13,382 Posts
RIP man.

poor guy.

·
baby buffett
13,382 Posts
yea but who here doesnt. seriously stop acting like your shit doesn't stink all of you.

you never go fast on your bikes? bullshit.

this could have easily been any one of us. so sad man. so sad.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.