Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok before i get flamed i know i should have kpro and i will be sending my ECU away over the winter.

I have access to an MSD Digital 6 Box and was wondering if i can use it to retard the timing on my RSX so i can run more nitrous. Im running a 75 shot right now in my Base, and it runs 13.3x-4x's. i think the timing is holding it back a little and also i'd like to run a 100 or 125 shot in a few weeks.

Thanks for anyone's help.

·
Installer / Machinist
1,138 Posts
100 is kinda the max most people with type S's like to run with kpro without extensive tuning.

You have no idea what your engine is doing what-so-ever...I would not spray over 75 on it unless you want the risk of killing the engine even faster. Don't get anxious for the power as you will probably end up destroying your engine and being slower than now. Wait for your ECU then pursue going faster.

Never be in a hurry to go fast, you will always go slower.

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
like you said everyone keeps saying get kpro its the best and yeah there right i was running a wet 75 and i thought everything was running fine but holy shit after i got kpro i couldnt believe how out of wack my car was with the a/f while on spray and off...as for 125 on a base, you have some balls my friend

also you said your waiting for winter to send your ecu out....you are aware that turn around time for kpro is only about 3-4 days, sent mine out on a monday evening and got it back thursday morning

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea k-pro is next on the list, i ran the car on the dyno with the 50shot and it was dead on A/F ratio wise. as for the 125 i'll have to see, if i do go that route i'll need to do it with a second stage as it's spinning a little too much off the line with the 75. im not upping the shot again this year but i might run a little race fuel next time out to get me over that 13 second hump.

and i would get the kpro now but i just had to rebuild my tranny, and install a new clutch/flywheel so funds are low. and the turn around time is around 1-2 weeks for me as i live in canada.

·
Installer / Machinist
1,138 Posts
Race gas does not give you more HP, it will allow the engine to run higher compression in the cylinder with the same amount of charge fuel. The higher octane is used because it is a retardant for detonation as it will allow for more pressure in the cylinder before it self ignites. Also what injectors are you running, stock I assume?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts