Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any reason ClubRSX stopped carrying these in the market place?

And if anyone knows of another place to locate these, let me know, please. I see the MTEC Ind. website has an online store, but I actually don't trust ordering from there in all honesty. There is no phone number to call, so I'm going to guess the funds will just get tied up and I'll never receive the item unfortunately. Can anyone confirm this ISN'T true? Has someone ordered from their site???

- Shaun

·
U mad bro?
1,034,606 Posts
Any reason ClubRSX stopped carrying these in the market place?

And if anyone knows of another place to locate these, let me know, please. I see the MTEC Ind. website has an online store, but I actually don't trust ordering from there in all honesty. There is no phone number to call, so I'm going to guess the funds will just get tied up and I'll never receive the item unfortunately. Can anyone confirm this ISN'T true? Has someone ordered from their site???

- Shaun
Hey Shaun

I ordered directly from their site twice. First time I got the sport then decided to go with the race spring. I had no problems whatsoever. Thats just my personal experience.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
no problems for me. i first ordered race springs from there. then i bought the springs from someone here on crsx. i emailed them to cancel the order and they did so. that was also months ago.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK. Well, I guess I will try then. Good to hear you guys had good experience. I just had bad feelings given the reputations some places have delivering goods and how Club RSX stopped selling them in the marketplace, and assumed the worst.

Thanks for the input, guys!

BTW, Josh, how's the RSX doing? Any changes this winter? This is Shaun from iMW in case you weren't familiar with the username.

·
U mad bro?
1,034,606 Posts
OK. Well, I guess I will try then. Good to hear you guys had good experience. I just had bad feelings given the reputations some places have delivering goods and how Club RSX stopped selling them in the marketplace, and assumed the worst.

Thanks for the input, guys!

BTW, Josh, how's the RSX doing? Any changes this winter? This is Shaun from iMW in case you weren't familiar with the username.
I knew it was you :thumbsup:

RSX is doing well... I am waiting to install my new radiator. I had some more stuff coated also. Progress has been completely halted since I am in the middle of my final class ever! lol. I've got 4 more weeks until I am done. I need to get through this before I can start playing with my car again. Hope all is well for you! I'm sure I'll see you again sometime this summer.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I ordered my springs direct from MTEC on a Friday and got them the next Wednesday. No problems whatsoever. Only issues I would think would be if they were to run out of stock.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
im thinking of buying these springs sometime during summer. now i know that its not so bad to order from them.thx for the input. i have a question tho, is the installation of these springs easy? hard?

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
im thinking of buying these springs sometime during summer. now i know that its not so bad to order from them.thx for the input. i have a question tho, is the installation of these springs easy? hard?
the install is not hard but the first step is removing this hex bolt. its infront of the shifter mechanism but its on the transmission itself. you need an 8mm allen key to get it off. if yours is in a bad position you will prolly not be able to get it off. trust me on this. unless you have air tools or know someone with them you might as well keep your $38. gl with the install. im doing mine next week, if my friend can get the bolt off. i and a lot of other people have tried to get it off.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
uhmm thanks for the input.
im gonna think about this. i think i know someone who might have some air tools.
so do u say this cuz that hex bolt is under a lot of pressure(hard to get out)?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
we stopped selling them because MTEC didn't know how to properly handle a wholesale account and give a proper margin for a low dollar product.
That sucks. But, definitely understood. Probably wasn't the first and most certainly won't be the last company you'll deal with where you encounter this unfortunately.

There's a very well known company in the Honda/Acura drivetrain world that our shop became a dealer for that I don't understand how they're as popular with their dealers as they are. Despite the buy in we did, they removed us from their dealers listing after a year or so despite not having any monthly sales criteria - which is odd, since... if you remove us from the listing, how will people looking find us, which removes potential sales. On top of that, they charged us drop shipping fees despite saying they wouldn't, drop shipped the product to the customer with all cost information, etc. Excellent way to do business. :rolleyes:

iBoost said:
:thumbsup: Good to hear Shaun!
:) Derek ask you about the possibility of the Carlisle car show this May, Josh??

dmike03 said:
the install is not hard but the first step is removing this hex bolt. its infront of the shifter mechanism but its on the transmission itself. you need an 8mm allen key to get it off. if yours is in a bad position you will prolly not be able to get it off. trust me on this. unless you have air tools or know someone with them you might as well keep your $38. gl with the install. im doing mine next week, if my friend can get the bolt off. i and a lot of other people have tried to get it off.
Ditto on this. Sometimes, if it's in the car, the interlock bolt can be a bitch. lol

·
Registered
561 Posts
Excuse my ignorance, where exactly these spring goes? Visual installation guide anywhere?.. just curious.

·
☆☆☆
28,161 Posts

·
Registered
5,790 Posts
i just extended my hex key to a really long length

That sucks. But, definitely understood. Probably wasn't the first and most certainly won't be the last company you'll deal with where you encounter this unfortunately.

There's a very well known company in the Honda/Acura drivetrain world that our shop became a dealer for that I don't understand how they're as popular with their dealers as they are. Despite the buy in we did, they removed us from their dealers listing after a year or so despite not having any monthly sales criteria - which is odd, since... if you remove us from the listing, how will people looking find us, which removes potential sales. On top of that, they charged us drop shipping fees despite saying they wouldn't, drop shipped the product to the customer with all cost information, etc. Excellent way to do business. :rolleyes:
You are not refering to GC, are you? :p
I know a certain store (not CRSX) made $55.74 from me because i received the store's invoice on my dropshiped package.
i paid the store $333.99; it cost the store $278.25.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
i just extended my hex key to a really long length
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_qPqW7iNfK1w/TGQvjXHQqCI/AAAAAAAAAqI/olRarsBNKS4/s400/IMG_5708.JPG[/IMG.[/QUOTE]

i just bought one that was a socket and fit on a ratchet

without the i could remove it because of the angle and limited movement

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You are not refering to GC, are you? :p
I know a certain store (not CRSX) made $55.74 from me because i received the store's invoice on my dropshiped package.
i paid the store $333.99; it cost the store $278.25.
Nope. Another company. Though, it seems this is more common place than I perhaps thought? lol With our scenario, we were literally taking a loss at times due to the shipping ordeal. On others when we did get a chance to make a little as the distributor, the customer saw exactly what it cost us - and what we got it for wasn't much less than what people could just buy it from online. So we just gave up on that company for the most part. lol Great products though.

·
Shift Master
14 Posts
we stopped selling them because MTEC didn't know how to properly handle a wholesale account and give a proper margin for a low dollar product.
I never really follow forums but I wanted to search and see what people thought about our products. But after reading this I was very upset. Facts are we did have a wholesale issue. However I personally took care of it that day. If the margin wasn't good enough then why don't you email me with a response?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts