Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
OG member
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
jus wondering if the jdm k20a will have a huge gain off the mugen ecu..

i'm debating whether to get the k20a hondata flash or mugen ecu..

~Patrick

·
OG member
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hehe..jus found that out now..i'm stuck whether to get the mugen ecu or the hondata k20a flash for my jdm k20a

·
Registered
289 Posts
Another LeveL DJS said:
hehe..jus found that out now..i'm stuck whether to get the mugen ecu or the hondata k20a flash for my jdm k20a
I have a K20A in my RSX and the Mugen ECU made a world of difference. The only other mods I have are a Injen CAI and a 2-1 DP without the cat and 3" exhaust all the way back. The car pulls hard in every gear.

·
OG member
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how much did you get it for???

·
Vendor
1,224 Posts
Another LeveL DJS said:
jus wondering if the jdm k20a will have a huge gain off the mugen ecu..

i'm debating whether to get the k20a hondata flash or mugen ecu..

~Patrick
Depending on your level of modifications the Hondata K20A reflash will:

- Make the same or more power
- Cost less
- Definitely give you better fuel economy
- Will allow you to pass a smog test
- And is upgradeable to a fully programmable system - with boost.

All for under $1000

·
i-vtec.Do you?
1,595 Posts
No offense hondata you produce good stuff but the gains of the mugen ecu are unbelelivable you can feel the diffrence between the the two ecu's the mugen has alot more torque and pull in every gear.I had a friend with the hondata k20a flash and then swithed to mugen it was like WOW.But hondata is great for the budget conscience in mind and is still a great program but im still going for the n1 ecu when i do my k20a swap or maybe even your standalone considering i what to do more to the motor and have it dynoed tune to extract the most power.

·
Vendor
1,224 Posts
RSXType-Smoking said:
No offense hondata you produce good stuff but the gains of the mugen ecu are unbelelivable you can feel the diffrence between the the two ecu's the mugen has alot more torque and pull in every gear.I had a friend with the hondata k20a flash and then swithed to mugen it was like WOW.But hondata is great for the budget conscience in mind and is still a great program but im still going for the n1 ecu when i do my k20a swap or maybe even your standalone considering i what to do more to the motor and have it dynoed tune to extract the most power.
No offence taken. We own a Mugen ECU and we have the dyno figures to back up our tests. Results will still vary depending on your engine configuration. I would be interested in dyno results of the comparison you have just described.

There is nothing the Mugen ECU can do that cannot be done the same or better with the K-Pro.

·
i-vtec.Do you?
1,595 Posts
Hondata i have a question.I keep throwing cl light and the first time i put it up to scanner it said that it is detecting a misfire.I feel no lose in power or what not.The guy told me it could be because of my exhaust that since their is less backpressure it can throw a cl light or something like that.The exhaust is a custom mandrel bent 2.5" with a apexi muffler.I have no race header yet still stock with the cat i was wondering what you think of this and what i should do to cure this problem.O and what is it when the ecu goes into limp mode

·
Meow?
3,940 Posts
Hondata said:

- Cost less
Do the new Mugen ECUs disable sensors and eliminate CELs like the B series ECUs?

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
qtiger said:
Do the new Mugen ECUs disable sensors and eliminate CELs like the B series ECUs?
if your talking about elimate CEL for no CAT then yes.

I've had nothing, but good experiences with the Mugen ECU. Its a very strong ECU IMO. Click here to see my dyno graph of the Mugen ECU vs the Stock ECU. 1st and 3rd runs are with the Mugen. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
864 Posts
I must say - MUGEN has done wonders. I know the hondata is cheaper and is supposed to be the same, but it's not like I have much choice. What am I supposed to do? Have my car put down and send the ecu to america and hoep it gets back soon. I don't think so!
Anyway - now I have my original K20A ecu put down, I will probably save a little and get the K-Pro down the road. I am gonna wait for al the bugs and problems they might experience over the next few months, before I invest in that though.
You can see my latest dyno's on http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=140065

·
OG member
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
what kind of fuel must be put in to run the mugen ecu....here in cali, anything higher than 91 octane is hard to find.

·
Registered
864 Posts
I thnk it's 103RON whatever that means. But I have seen previously on this site, that 103RON works out to be around 93 octane.

·
OG member
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hmm 91 octane wid octane booster work?

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
Another LeveL DJS said:
hmm 91 octane wid octane booster work?
I'd go with Hondata if you are in Cali. The Mugen ECU has been known to knock on the 91 octane in Cali.

·
Power of Dreams
3,036 Posts
TypeRus said:
I thnk it's 103RON whatever that means. But I have seen previously on this site, that 103RON works out to be around 93 octane.
Actually it works on Premium pump gas in Japan, 100RON, or about 97-98 octane in the states.

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
K20ADC5R said:
Actually it works on Premium pump gas in Japan, 100RON, or about 97-98 octane in the states.
100 RON = 95 PON (aka Pump Gas) in the States

Not 97 or 98 PON.

I run the Mugen ECU on 93 PON and have no problems at all.

·
OG member
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i c...thanks for the info..hondata it is for me..

·
OG member
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hondata said:

- Cost less

All for under $1000

can the kpro work on the k20a ecu? i've tried searching with no luck. If it works, then i'll be happy to get hondata hehe..

1 - 20 of 26 Posts