Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
06NBPDC5
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im sure some of you have seen the Mugen Lip kit selling on ebay, and im just wondering if anyone has bought this mugen lip kit from this guy on ebay. If so how is the fitment, what is it held on by and was installation a bitch? Im just looking into it and want to know what you guys think it seems like a good move but, your thoughts? thanks :beerchug:

·
tinyROAR.com
2,205 Posts
I just purchased the lipkit off nextmod_com from everything i hear its near perfect fitment.

I will write a review, and my car is an 02-04
EDIT: should be in next week

·
06NBPDC5
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sweet i checked it out says:
Acura RSX 05-06 MG-Style Full Lip Kit
CODE: ADC505MLK
This full lip kit comes with a M-Style Front Lip, a M-Style Rear Lip and a pair of M-Style Side Skirts
Price: $599.99
do you know if 599.99 is the for the whole deal the kit and shipping or do they charge shipping as seperate?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just purchased the lipkit off nextmod_com from everything i hear its near perfect fitment.

I will write a review, and my car is an 02-04
EDIT: should be in next week
"Near perfect fitment" - did you mean genuine 05-06 Mugen lip on 02-04 front or a replica 05-06 M-styled one made to fit the 02-04. If it's the former, I can't wait for your write up! Been waiting for some real hands-on experience on this conversion. Thanks in advance =)

·
Registered
290 Posts
I purchased the front lip from him. It is decent fitment, but there are some modificatins needed. When you first get it, it will most likely not fit on. You will have to sand the top inner area of the lip. The sides do not sit flush with the bumper and have to be sanded also. It took me about an hour to fit. You shold also prep it yourself to save money at the body shop. The sides and rear i have no idea, but will most likely be the same fitment. FYI; do not oversand. If you see fiberglass yo have gone to deep.... The layer of plastic is very thin(FRP and Duraflex are fiberglass reinforced plastic). Start with 400 or 600 wetsanding and then move to 1000 grit until it is perfectly smoothe. There is a DIY floating aroud with pics of prepping your own bumpers, but use a finer grit sandpaper than they say to start out with. Took about 1.5 hours to fit the lip, flush sand the sides and prep for the body shop. I have not had mine painted yet b/c my bumper was painted like crap and the paint started to spidercrack :firemad:couple days after i fitted it and will have to get that repainted also so i will most likely wait til spring. It is definately worth it, but will be time consuming. Shipping is seperate, but should be stated. Also comes very well packaged.....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Oh... Held on by couple self tapping screws from the bottom and one on each side in the fenderwell. It is such a tight fit that it doesnt even need screws.... I am thinking of molding mine on since i have to repaint the whole bumper anyway:crap:

·
tinyROAR.com
2,205 Posts
"Near perfect fitment" - did you mean genuine 05-06 Mugen lip on 02-04 front or a replica 05-06 M-styled one made to fit the 02-04. If it's the former, I can't wait for your write up! Been waiting for some real hands-on experience on this conversion. Thanks in advance =)
the mugen lip REAR & SIDE was built to fit 02-06
the front doesn't fit, I am trying to get a hold of one that was in an accident or someone doesnt want to make a mold for an 02-04

·
06NBPDC5
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I purchased the front lip from him. It is decent fitment, but there are some modificatins needed. When you first get it, it will most likely not fit on. You will have to sand the top inner area of the lip. The sides do not sit flush with the bumper and have to be sanded also. It took me about an hour to fit. You shold also prep it yourself to save money at the body shop. The sides and rear i have no idea, but will most likely be the same fitment. FYI; do not oversand. If you see fiberglass yo have gone to deep.... The layer of plastic is very thin(FRP and Duraflex are fiberglass reinforced plastic). Start with 400 or 600 wetsanding and then move to 1000 grit until it is perfectly smoothe. There is a DIY floating aroud with pics of prepping your own bumpers, but use a finer grit sandpaper than they say to start out with. Took about 1.5 hours to fit the lip, flush sand the sides and prep for the body shop. I have not had mine painted yet b/c my bumper was painted like crap and the paint started to spidercrack :firemad:couple days after i fitted it and will have to get that repainted also so i will most likely wait til spring. It is definately worth it, but will be time consuming. Shipping is seperate, but should be stated. Also comes very well packaged.....:thumbsup:
Thanks a lot bro man it sounds like a lot of work why cant it just fit? haha lame i look for DIY for it

·
Registered
6 Posts
import autovilla in canada.. i just fitted mines yesterday. good fit ..need a heat gun to help with the fitment but looks good ..some gaps but wat can u say... its fiberglass and thats that.. i got it off of ebay.. pretty good price ...440 shipped. full m style lip kit. shipment was good.. purolator. canada shipping company. the kit wasnt wrapped in bubble wrap and not box for cushion.. i was wrapped in some thin foam and boxed.. but no damage on kit itself. im startin to sand down kit. it comes black primer but ..needs work... again its fiberglass do expect it to be oem fitment and ready for paint. well worth the time....all i need now is some screws and weather strip....

·
Registered
6 Posts
oh and fitment on sides are a peice of sheit.. most trouble there ..but heat gun fixed that up rite quick and ... front need some help to... snugg fit ..back fitted excellent.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts