Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
You really paid for that?
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that Tein is regarded as one of the top performing brands when talking about suspension. But the moton suspension is also used in the Mugen race car (any of you guys seen it on speed vision it bad ass) So I am assuming they are close performance wise. Cost aside, 1900 for the flex about 1200 per corner for the moton (fucking insane) which would be recommened? Does anyone even have the moton suspension?

I have the go, now I just need something for the corners, I cant always depend on HP to catch back up.

·
walks softly
127 Posts
You can't compare the two. No way no how. Its not even apples to oranges.
You could compare a Tein Flex to a Skunk2/Koni combo, or H&R or Bilstein PSS but not Moton. You would have to look to a Mugen N1, Toda Fightex, Penske, Koni 2800 series or JRZ to get to the Moton level.

But then lets assume you have $5000 for shocks. Do you know how to adjust them to fit your needs? Flex's have 2. Height and damping (mostly rebound). Moton doubles have height, compression, rebound and even gas charge. Moton triples have a separate adjustment for high and low speed compression. The gas charge allows you (if you have the equipment) to adjust the Nitrogen pressure in the shock. I still don't know enough to guess how that affects performance. And then you really wouldn't want to drive around daily on race shocks as the valving is very sensitive (for precise adjustment) and I would be prepared to have them rebuilt about every other year.

Basically the Tein Flex's are a good all around shock and most likely what I will choose, unless I can find a reasonably priced durable street/track DA coil-over. Funnily enough I like the flex's most of all for the teflon coated thread for weather protection. Good for the real world.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts