Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok. im thinking of purchasing the mugen replica kit.... I was wondering, how is the fitment and material on this son of a bitch?

oh and btw, if anyone wants to tell me why u like it or why u dont feel free to.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
integra_k20a2 said:
ok. im thinking of purchasing the mugen replica kit.... I was wondering, how is the fitment and material on this son of a bitch?

oh and btw, if anyone wants to tell me why u like it or why u dont feel free to.
I'm sorry I don't have first hand experience with the kit, however I know that GTP, Clubrsx's distributor makes some of the best replica kits on the market. I wouldn't recommend getting a replica from anyone else.

8,021 Posts
Gtp's Mugen replica will fit almost perfect. The front fits perfectly with no modifications. Sides will need a little cutting. The top of the rear will be a little warped so you just have to pull really hard to fit it.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
DesertSilverRSX-S said:
Gtp's Mugen replica will fit almost perfect. The front fits perfectly with no modifications. Sides will need a little cutting. The top of the rear will be a little warped so you just have to pull really hard to fit it.
The rear is just an ITR lip. I would skip the GTP bumper and jsut get the real thing.

Sick car DesertSilver.

8,021 Posts
Thanks. The rear most companies sell is a complete replacement bumper with the lip molded on. From my experience with rear bumpers, the rear is almost always warped and has to be stretched a little. Go with MugenHonda's advice and get the real rear lip and get the front and side replicas. Itll save you the trouble and might actually look better.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
damn im so confuzed.... mugen front and sides but im not too sure about rear lip.... damn im fuckin confuzed!

watup desert silver... ive seen ur car up on here. nice shit dawg... give u madd propz. well im sometimes in cerritos area but im always in san fernando valley cuz i live here. Just a typical korean foo in a black type s. hope to see you around

oh btw thanks for advice

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
integra_k20a2 said:
damn im so confuzed.... mugen front and sides but im not too sure about rear lip.... damn im fuckin confuzed!

watup desert silver... ive seen ur car up on here. nice shit dawg... give u madd propz. well im sometimes in cerritos area but im always in san fernando valley cuz i live here. Just a typical korean foo in a black type s. hope to see you around

oh btw thanks for advice
Dude, you crazy Korean. lol
The Mugen body kit does NOT have a rear bumper. The real kit that is. It is designed to work with the JDM, Type R rear lip. So find yourself a Type R lip, it will fit perfectly, and you will be cheaper for you, i fyou can find it used.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hahah desert.... i know the mugen dont have rear kit but i didnt want to put on the type R lip cuz i donno. it seems so boxy or squarish. Besides type r lip, do u u guys kno any rear bumper or rear lip kit that will look good with the mugen sides and froNt?

"the krazy korean" said it! lol

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
integra_k20a2 said:
hahah desert.... i know the mugen dont have rear kit but i didnt want to put on the type R lip cuz i donno. it seems so boxy or squarish. Besides type r lip, do u u guys kno any rear bumper or rear lip kit that will look good with the mugen sides and froNt?

"the krazy korean" said it! lol
The Mugen kit was made FOR the ITR lip. That is what Mugen intended. So get the TYpe R lip.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
haha. ok so since u said get the ITR lip i should get it huh? haha nah dogg im just trying to figure out what will look good besides the type r rear. i kno the itr was meant to go with mugen but all i want to know is what else would look good with it besides the itr rear. thas all dogg!!!!! thanks for the advice neways.....

damn another problem i havve is in the near future im thinking of HKS hi power but its angeled too much to go with a rear kit.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
integra_k20a2 said:
haha. ok so since u said get the ITR lip i should get it huh? haha nah dogg im just trying to figure out what will look good besides the type r rear. i kno the itr was meant to go with mugen but all i want to know is what else would look good with it besides the itr rear. thas all dogg!!!!! thanks for the advice neways.....

damn another problem i havve is in the near future im thinking of HKS hi power but its angeled too much to go with a rear kit.
Nothing will look as good as the Type R rear lip. But some other choices are the OEM US rear lip, the Wings West rear lip or Kaminari rear lip.
As for the HKS, it should fit with the rear lip, but will be a tight fit.

·
Mugen whore
1,592 Posts
GTP Mugen front fits perfect. I know cuz i have it. Another thing is HKS Hi Power will melt just about anything. I have heard it melting the JDM-R lip and my friends OEM lip has bubbles in the paint from the heat.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hmmm... i had the n1 with oem rear lip and it was kind of a problem and it seems like the hks is more angeled... hMmm...

hey rsxboi do u have a mugen kit? if so can u post some picz...

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok went to local performance shop today.... tell me what you guys think!

Full mugen replica kit - front bumper, side skirts, ITR rear lip (replica)- got estimate price for $600-650.

what do u guys think about the price? im gonna try to find a place for cheaper tho.

But daymn im not too sure about the type r rear cuz i was thinking about the hks hi-power and it wouldnt fit with the ITR rear lip.

well tell me what u think about the price.....

OH yeah BTW, can someone tell me what wheels would look good with this kit!

thanks

·
Mugen whore
1,592 Posts
no pics yet cuz its getting painted this weekend... I got the front for 99 bucks so you can definitely do better than 650 for the whole thing mayb around 400 is good. Make sure they have GTP tags on them cuz each one got its own serial number on the side:dontknow: My friend had his HKS modified...so now its straight and not angled anymore :driving:

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hey rsx boi.... i dont know if this is ok for me to ask u.... would u able to find me those prices? this shop i went to is being bitchez and are acting stupid. i dont kno if i can trust them

plz let me know plz!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
oh btw why does it have to have a GTP tag? please let me kno if i can go thru you to get it if possible.... im in so kali too

·
Mugen whore
1,592 Posts
well if you want the same fitment as me GTP stuff is tagged. As for the kit, you can get if straight from GTP and if you pay in cash there is no tax. The front bumper is still on sale for 199 but the sides are still a whoping 245 (still waiting for those to drop :laughing: ) I think i can get the Type R rear from Extreme Dimensions for 125. I have to check with my friend. :dontknow:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts