Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to check my HID ballast using a multimeter and I am wondering if the initial surge of energy that is used to ignite the bulbs will fry my multimeter?:confused: also has anyone had a failed ballast? A friend of mine said that if a bulb is emitting a purple light it could be a problem with the ballast, anyone know?

·
Banned
2,029 Posts
if the hid's are fairly new expect the colours to change during the first 100 hours

i have no idea if the startup on the ballast would hurt the multimeter but i'd be scared to test it :D

why not just switch bulbs to test a ballast?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok so I finally got the bulb out and this is what it looks like
(sorry the pic is kinda fuzzy but its from my phone) anyways the little sphere shaped thing in the middle of the bulb is this brown and black color, so I am hoping that means is burnt out. I also tried to measure the current with the multimeter I got today but I didn’t get any consistent number from it.

·
Registered
826 Posts
is this with a McCulloch hid kit? I was looking to purchase one of these kits, but now i don't know.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If i had to do it over i would still get the McCullough kit. I know plenty of people who have it and there not having any problems. they look nice and you cant beat the prices.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts