Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Former Lurker
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my brakes replaced at a local shop a couple months ago and now when I hit the brakes moderately hard to very hard they give this whirring sound. It happens alot when the car is cold and less after its warmed up for a while but it still happens. When I am driving even without hitting the brakes I get a squeaking noise coming from the rear as well.

Do you think its a problem with the brakes, brake pads, calipers etc? (i am a noob please explain).

02' RSX 5speed base.

Thanks

·
www.philosobrah.com
1,948 Posts
did you change your rear pads?
if not you need to change your pads, but if you don't have time to change them yet, then behind the rear caliper (where the noise is coming from), is a metal tab, it should be above the bottom bolt that holds up the caliper, it scrapes the rotor and you can just bend it a little to stop the screeching, but you should probably change your pads.

·
Former Lurker
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you think thats what is causing the whirring sound?

How often typically are brake pads changed? I drive about 23 miles one way to work. So typically 46 a day 5x a week. I drive spirited with a decent amount of hard braking.

·
Former Lurker
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im not even sure. Would bad brake pads cause the whirring and squeaking sounds?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Sure it can. When I worked at Napa Auto Parts and I would deliever Brake pads to local shops they would always tell me that our brake pads sucks because they would install it and have to uninstall it because of noise complaints.

·
coksukermotherfukertits
4,722 Posts
When I pull out of my garage every morning I get the wiring sound. When I take it out of reverse and roll down the driveway and then I hit the brake, and when I do I get the wiring/click or clunkish sound. anyone??

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've had to regrease the back of my pads on the front axle in the Si at least twice so far. They like to squeal a bit, for some reason, every so often (I'm assuming that the brake grease goes away). I've had no problems out of the rear pads though (which are still stock and have ~52K miles on them).

Anyways, have someone stand on the curb and drive by them while hitting your brakes. After establishing whether the sound is coming from the front or the back, you can go from there...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts