Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Anything classic will hold its value pretty well, if not appreciate. Just depends on your brand affiliation or taste in style. They're all going to be crap performers compared to a modern sports or muscle car. As far as the modern cars go... well, classic or modern I've always been a big Ford fan. If you're looking for an investment, and you like the LX platform, what about the Magnum SRT8? The limited production numbers and quick killing-off of the model are bound to make it a solid collector's car soon. I've been thinking of getting an R/T Magnum myself, just because the idea of a V8 wagon with RWD is bad-ass, especially when you swap on an early Charger SRT8 front end (300C's front is even easier because of Europe's 300C Touring, if you prefer that look)... beast!

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
78 t/a all the way. i went down to SC to pick up a 4 speed black car for 5500, built original motor and front suspension was done. up to about 15k in total now with repaint and fully brand new interior, all hand painted pin stripes etc. car should bring 40k easy now.

best investment car

·
It is inevitable
15,843 Posts
71 cuda... hemi, 440, either is fine.

69 chevelle (68 is fine too, only minor differences)

give me an old hipo in a fast back, and i'm happy... my favorite sound from a car ever out of a little ol' 289.

fox body mustang. doesn't matter if lx, coupe, gt, convertible, it's one of the easiest cars to make fast for cheap. the price of the cars has gone up, especially since probably half of them were done in by cash for clunkers, but you can still find them reasonably priced, with the exception of the coupe. mine is a gt hard top, but i'd like a t-top model.

i'm a ford guy, so if i were to go with one of the new cars it would be a mustang. my wife does drive a 2014 r/t charger though, and i like it pretty well.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Monte Carlo SS or Buick GNX, all black. There was one for sale in Austin for 19k, but I don't have 19k.

Agent Smith, I had a 1992 red Mustang, 4cyl automatic. Slower than my civic.

·
It is inevitable
15,843 Posts
Monte Carlo SS or Buick GNX, all black. There was one for sale in Austin for 19k, but I don't have 19k.

Agent Smith, I had a 1992 red Mustang, 4cyl automatic. Slower than my civic.
i always forget about the gnx and t-type. yeah, i want to say the 2.3 4 cylinder made like 85 hp, lol.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anything classic will hold its value pretty well, if not appreciate. Just depends on your brand affiliation or taste in style. They're all going to be crap performers compared to a modern sports or muscle car. As far as the modern cars go... well, classic or modern I've always been a big Ford fan. If you're looking for an investment, and you like the LX platform, what about the Magnum SRT8? The limited production numbers and quick killing-off of the model are bound to make it a solid collector's car soon. I've been thinking of getting an R/T Magnum myself, just because the idea of a V8 wagon with RWD is bad-ass, especially when you swap on an early Charger SRT8 front end (300C's front is even easier because of Europe's 300C Touring, if you prefer that look)... beast!

As a side note concerning 300C. I have heard Fiat is relaunching the Lancia brand in Europe using the 300C. For that continent it will be a 300C with a different grille and diesel only power option. Doesn't really fit into my idea of an Italian Lancia.

I had read a Car and Driver report, from Feb 1979 I think, that suggested to readers to buy two Trans Ams, use one and store one. 1979 was the last year for the 6.6 liter Trans Am, and that seemed like good advice because even an ordinary 6.6 liter automatic will achieve over $30k today. That said, I also read in Road & Track that dealers were taking advantage of buyers looking for early chassis no. editions of the all new '84 Vette, back in the day. However, today those cars in mint condition are $15k, so that hasn't really gained in value as predicted.

·
It is inevitable
15,843 Posts
The GNX had more like 276hp and ran the 1/4 mile in mid 13s.
it also had a 3.8 liter... his slow 4 cylinder mustang we were talking about was the 85hp 2.3 liter i was referring to.

·
It is inevitable
15,843 Posts
:( there was so much space in the engine bay. However, even the 5.0 only made something like 225hp stock.
Yeah, there weren't many cars that made a lot of power stock in the 80s. The Fox body is easy to make fast though.

·
Knight Armament SR-635
36,643 Posts
buy a hellcat challenger or scat pack challenger :megusta

Or any Shelby. It will be worth a lot years from now. Not sure about the dodge models, but I do know the shelby give there vehicles there own visible serial numbers. Kinda like the DC2 type R

http://www.shelbyamerican.com/

1 - 16 of 16 Posts