Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I am Illuminati
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HB 625 clarifies that the penalty for operating a vehicle on a public highway without displaying the two license plates assigned to the vehicle is a misdemeanor offense punishable by a fine not to exceed $200.

§ 502.404. OPERATION OF VEHICLE WITHOUT LICENSE PLATE OR
REGISTRATION INSIGNIA.
(a) A person commits an offense if the person operates on a public highway during a registration period a passenger car or commercial motor vehicle that does not display two license plates, at the front and rear of the vehicle, that have been:
(1) assigned by the department for the period; or
(2) validated by a registration insignia issued by the department that establishes that the vehicle is registered for the period.

(b) A person commits an offense if the person operates on a public highway during a registration period a passenger car or commercial motor vehicle, other than a vehicle assigned license plates for the registration period, that does not properly display the registration insignia issued by the department that establishes that the license plates have been validated for the period.

(c) A person commits an offense if the person operates on a public highway during a registration period a road tractor, motorcycle, trailer, or semitrailer that does not display a license plate, attached to the rear of the vehicle, that has been:
(1) assigned by the department for the period; or
(2) validated by a registration insignia issued by the department that establishes that the vehicle is registered for the period.

(d) Subsections (a) and (b) do not apply to a dealer operating a vehicle as provided by law.

(e) An offense under this section is a misdemeanor punishable by a fine not to exceed $200.

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/director_staff/media_and_communications/pr082913.htm

G

·
You can roll into an inspection station with a K24 swap, a supercharger, race header, aftermarket injectors, and pretty much any other mod you want, and drive out with a fresh sticker and people want to get bent out of shape about this? Move to California, make one aftermarket mod to your car and see how that works out for you.

Just put a front plate on your car and move on with life, LOL.

·
9,306 Posts
I thought I lost my front plate. LOL

·
just working for a living
634 Posts
this isnt some new law. Texas has had this law forever. Some cops are just nicer than others about it cause they own cars with nice front bumpers too

·
Registered
704 Posts
I carry mine in the trunk with the bolts in the holes up front. Get pulled over, claim I didn't know, say I just took it off and it's in the trunk, hope he's cool and let's me off

But yea, haven't had a plate on my cars for the past 5 years, never a prob. Only time I hear about people getting a ticket for it is if they are at a car meet that gets the cops called or if they stupidly have it in the front windshield. Having it up there makes it blatantly obvious that its not up front and draws attention to you

·
CRSX troll
176 Posts
Man, I don't know where I put my front?????? I've never had one on there, lol. Thanks for the info!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.