Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 226 Posts

·
Registered
30,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of getting one of the other. I like the miata, but worried about rust and it just being old. Has any of the s2000 owners had the miata cross their mine when looking for a track car?

·
Banned
12,318 Posts
What are you looking for in a car?

One is much more expensive, handles great, reliable, but super expensive to make fast.
The other is very cheap, handles great, fairly reliable, is very cheap to make fast, loves boost.

Miata's were made from 1989 all the way to today. Why would it feel old or be any more rusty then an s2000? Just curious.

IN BEFORE SOME DUMBASS CALLS THE MIATA GAY

·
Registered
30,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, The NA is from 1989-1997 which I prefer most out of the 3 generations. The new NC looks too futuristic and definitely not my taste.

The pontiac solstice, never thought about it. Maybe because i limit myself into looking for japanese models.

·
black and yellow ;)
972 Posts
I love my 99 miata its a blast to drive, aftermarket is fairly cheap, ....I never had an s2k though i'd love to have one

·
Registered
30,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BoostedNB. you have good taste. NB doesn't look that bad after looking at yours. I so want a Miata now. :)

·
I'll stick you!
5,644 Posts
I pretty sure those aren't his. I think he is just showing you example of nb's.

As for your question, they are both cars and hard to choose between. I had an NC before my S and loved it. I have always wanted to build a NB like the ones pictured. I think they are sex and can be made very fast for cheap.

·
Yeah, it's that big
10,632 Posts
You said you're looking for a track car.... what are you planning to compete in?

Miatas are the most popular track car out there, and have the most options for classes and series. They're cheap, reliable, and have a very well developed aftermarket.

The S2000 is a great car, faster, and is still competitive in A-stock.

I'd give the handling edge to the older Miatas because they're so much lighter, and you'd be hard-pressed to find a car under $100k that can do better, with the exception of a Lotus.

·
Banned
12,318 Posts
s2000 ap1 ftw its cheaper with alot of potential and a honda enough said
CHEAPER???!!!:ugh:
Cheaper than a miata? You're crazy
BoostedNB. you have good taste. NB doesn't look that bad after looking at yours. I so want a Miata now. :)
Not mine but mine looks similer:thumbsup:
Except mine is white.
You said you're looking for a track car.... what are you planning to compete in?

Miatas are the most popular track car out there, and have the most options for classes and series. They're cheap, reliable, and have a very well developed aftermarket.

The S2000 is a great car, faster, and is still competitive in A-stock.

I'd give the handling edge to the older Miatas because they're so much lighter, and you'd be hard-pressed to find a car under $100k that can do better, with the exception of a Lotus.
:iamwiths:
It was so easy to choose the s2000 over the mx5 when looking for a roadster
Why is that?

·
Mr. Bear
8,079 Posts
because I already knew what I want when I buy a car instead of asking a car forum, especially I know that a forum tend to be biased. By both posting in a mx5 or s2000 (good looks, reliable, high power in stock form... etc) forum I know I wont get anywhere.

·
Registered
30,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
because I already knew what I want when I buy a car instead of asking a car forum, especially I know that a forum tend to be biased. By both posting in a mx5 or s2000 (good looks, reliable, high power in stock form... etc) forum I know I wont get anywhere.
I was set on Miata way before s2000. No honda fan boy here. But s2000 is a good competitor to Miata so i thought maybe the s2000 owners may have had miata crossed their minds and what not.

1 - 20 of 226 Posts