Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Hustla Supreme
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pimplayahustla said:
AND NOW THE BEST 60' TIME I HAVE EVER MADE - GOOD ENUFF TO TAKE ME TO THE #1 POSITION IN CLUBRSX.COM
With the exception of the first 60' this was a terrible run - banged off of the rev limiter twice in 2nd gear and mis shifted into 4th right at the end. Oh well shit happens and I happened to run a monumental 60' time.

I was consitant 14.6 tonight - I have some slips if anyone wants to see more - Crazy thing is that I went to the track minus the muffler as I said I would to save weight and gain hi end HP.

NO DICE - I lost hi end and picked up major mid range and lost low end bad! DC made the TCS with 2.5" pipe and that just made no back pressure at all - I went home 1 hour into the night and put my muffler back on then scooped up my woman and jammed back out - first pass 14.65.......... My best with no muffler was a 14.90.

All in all I did'nt have my perfect run yet and when I got the best traction my wheel hop was so bad it turned my windshield wipers on and I worried that I would break another header so I held back.

·
Hustla Supreme
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hard launch with no spin at 4000 RPM feathered the clutch on the brink of spin til 5500RPM then I fully engaged and went places as you can see.

The 2.105 60' was actually a bad launch and I was hopping pretty badly - it turned my wipers on it hopped so hard

·
Registered
662 Posts
Good job pimplayahustla, Your getting quicker and quicker...

·
Hustla Supreme
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm learning to drive this car better and better and I keep getting braver as to what the car can take and how fast and hard I can shift - beginning of December I'll have Hondata ECU and Gasket with the race converter replacing the downpipe and cat.

Stay tuned for better time slips every time I hit the strip.

·
Hustla Supreme
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No - I have a combo - kinda ghetto but I have newer Eagle HP Ultra stock size up front and I put the stock michis in the back because they still have major tread life left and they will only hurt me going around turns - for right now it's more important for me to clock some good straight line numbers then when I am satisfied with acceleration numbers I will get the better rubber all the way around and set up my major suspension mods - full adjustable coil over set up and camber kit as well as sway bars -

So far so good.

Thanks for the complement.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Pretty good run pimplayahustla.....Im kind of surprised your only trapping at low 94's.....I hope to be trapping at 96 or faster when i have i/h/e.....but good runs, and nice 60ft. Thats my biggest problem right now, learning the launch!

·
Hustla Supreme
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
APEXiTypes said:
Pretty good run pimplayahustla.....Im kind of surprised your only trapping at low 94's.....I hope to be trapping at 96 or faster when i have i/h/e.....but good runs, and nice 60ft. Thats my biggest problem right now, learning the launch!
I hear ya man - I can explain the traps - I have hit 96mph in the traps with this set up but that is when I have a higher 60' time such as 2.35 or so. If I want to hit 98mph I probably can with the current set up simply by roasting the tires in first and shifting into second 30ft down the track - know what I mean - trap speed does'nt have too much bearing on good ET.

When I first cracked 14s my traps were 91.90 or so. I also think in the warmer weather the car traps higher - something I can't explain really but in my case I have noticed such.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.